View Single Post
Old 11-29-2011, 04:37 PM   #19
ready2go
Elite Member

ready2go is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonS View Post
Urban Meyer is unbelievable. I don't know how the guy doesn't get called on the BS he is spewing. He just said he quit last year because he didn't like the state of college football and the direction it was headed. Uh, yeah, ok. If you believe that, I have a bridge for sale. Any takers? It is the one on 75 connecting Cincinnati to Northern Kentucky. I'll give you a good deal.

So, the guy who had 30 players arrested in 6 years at Florida is now taking over for a program that is looking at a failure to monitor allegation and he didn't like the state of college football LAST YEAR? So, issues at Miami, Penn State, Ohio State, North Carolina and others I am sure I am missing in the last year or less means that the direction of college football is back on track? Oh, that's good to know. Stupid me. I thought the college football world with all this realignment was essentially coming to an end. Now that good 'ol Urb is back, we have nothing to worry about. Unbelievable.

He should just say what we already know. He saw that his team at Florida was going to get trounced in the SEC this season and decided it would be better if he quit and blamed it on family and health than take his lumps and have to rebuild a program in the SEC. He left one of the two best jobs in college football to be work for ESPN...er, I mean be with his family until another job opened up. Brilliant if you ask me. Tebow leaves and you realize it is time to bail too and you come out smelling like a rose. I personally think Urban will either win big and die doing it, or be above average at OSU and have a rabbib fan base all over him in 3 years. Call me cynical, but I don't see a NC at OSU with Urban Meyer as coach.
He left Florida because he saw trouble brewing at OSU and perhaps he had been in talks with OSU about a coaching position in the future, just maybe. Once he saw sh*# was about to hit the fan at OSU he saw a window of opportunity to coach the team he watched growing up.

The guy won every where he has been. I'm sure he has full confidence in his ability to coach. Tim Tebow or not. If he were announced as UC's head coach, I'd love to hear your reaction then
ready2go is offline   Reply With Quote