View Single Post
Old 03-15-2021, 09:00 AM   #5
sedziobs
Senior Moderator

sedziobs is on a distinguished road
I'll go for some individual grades. These might seem harsh, I'm using C as average compared to my expectations.

Keith Williams: D+
- Keith's passing improved, but that's about it. He wasn't able to handle an increased usage rate as an efficient scorer. Defense and rebounding remained just ok.

Chris Vogt: D-
- Not sure what his issue was this year. Big drop from last year, especially in true shooting percentage from elite to average.

Mamoudou Diarra: D
- Still a turnover and foul machine as a 4th year player. He did provide some energy and rebounding at times.

David DeJulius: B
- Shooting was disappointing, but his dribble penetration and passing were better than I expected. He can be a good floor general.

Mika Adams-Woods: C
- Typical second year progression reducing foul and turnover rates and improving defense. Shooting took a step back. Still too reliant on dominant left hand.

Jeremiah Davenport: A+
- Big step up in all areas in his second year. My only complaint is poor interior defense and rebounding against bigger 4s, but I didn't expect him to be doing that anyway.

Tari Eason: C+
- He's about what I expected as a top freshman recruit. Tons of ability, but lots of mental lapses. Hoping for a big jump next year.

Mike Saunders: B+
- Showed huge potential late in the season. High turnover rate typical of a freshman pg. Shooting needs work.

Mason Madsen: A-
- I wasn't expecting much, but it's nice to have a fearless shooter. Showed some good instincts on both ends too. Defense needs work.

Coach Brannen: C-
- It's hard to judge him in such a strange year. We don't know what role he played in opt outs. Starting the year with Rap at the 4 was a big fail, but then got the team playing pretty well into March.
sedziobs is offline   Reply With Quote