Thread: Realignment
View Single Post
Old 03-27-2021, 05:15 PM   #5
MDW79

MDW79 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcatfollower View Post
You’re insane. You also comment on posts from like a week ago. Unlike you I actually live in the real world and not some fantasy land. I like how you said THAT close... we weren’t even 5th or 6th choice behind schools with multiple losses. Lol

I love uc. Not mick Cronin and his west side trash family. UCLA has a board waiting for you to comment on.
Every single article I've seen that lists out the top G5 schools for P5 conference expanstion has us at #1. I'm pretty sure I've read well over dozen written by different publications at this point.

And this isn't exactly a new thing either. We've been at or near the tops of those lists for years now.

Obviously are football program has a lot to do with this, but so much else does too. Our market size, location for travel, location to build recruiting pipelines, our b-ball history, etc.

Not only does it seem that everyone thinks we should be target 1A to add, it seems everyone agrees expansion is destined happen at some point. Be it by mega-conferences (16 deep), reshuffling (West Virginia to ACC), or kicking programs (Rutgers) out and adding new ones (Cincinnati).

If you think it's a fantasy that UC has a legitimate shot at joining a P5 then I think you're talking out of your ass.