Thread: Season Updates
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2021, 12:17 PM   #1597
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
I just don’t think we are that far away from competing in our league. Houston will keep rolling, but they lost a lot. After that, there isn’t much. WSU, nothing special, Memphis lost more guys than us and are Memphis. After that who we counting on to be good? I think we are closer to competing in the league than it seems. Get a couple pieces and it could be fun.
I don't see an amazing roster here TBH so hopefully Wes is the real deal as a coach and can get these guys fired up. Then he can start developing relationships with future recruits and keep the ball rolling. I don't expect CWM to make the dance first year. But the coaching staff he has put together will make things easier this year and should be awesome for building in future.

I just don't see much scoring punch right now or go to guy. And I am not sure we have enough athleticism to be elite on D. I think we will get off to a better start than last year and have a better record but I don't see an NCAA tourney caliber team right now. I hope I am wrong and Wes took the players he already knows are going to kill it for us.

Sounds like Banks will stay on scholly so we are likely down to two more players. If Lakhin decides to leave we will have another big to get and might get luck in the late portal.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote