Thread: 20-21 thread
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2020, 11:07 AM   #128
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
From the trends I am seeing with no foul trouble I would guess Vogt is going to be out there for 30-35 minutes (in close games)...same with Williams and Dejulius. For the last couple of Games Eason has been around 25 minutes but I could see him getting 25-30 going forward if he keeps valuing the ball.

I think that lineup can go toe to toe with all of our conference with only Houston seeming like the outlier. If Vogt is getting 30-35 then it will be tough for Rap to get more than 10 with Davenport playing like he is. And I am okay with that for sure. I think Mikey is just fine for whatever minutes DD leaves on the floor. So it all comes down to MAW and Harvey as the final piece to the puzzle. I would hope we can get one or the other to play well on any given night.

Foul trouble (for two of our best players) IMO is the single biggest problem right now. It is affecting every other part of the game. Obviously it leads to FT's. From a scoring aspect it leads to not having 4-5 scoring options on the court together to keep a D honest. It means single players don't have to force play making which drops our efficiency. It takes a rim protector out of the game and another decent defender off the floor.

So if Williams and Vogt can stay on the floor for 30+ minutes it solves a hell of a lot of other problems.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote