Thread: Furman
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2020, 05:35 PM   #115
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
Thanks for the update. I'm not sure who disagrees here but that doesn't make those games a given because that's what we want/expect to see. You still have to play the game. Home court is not much of an advantage right now. Furman is good and we beat them...

Do we have to put an asterisk behind the wins and blow the losses out of proportion? Can't we just be patient and see what develops? I mean the same thing happened under Cronin...after a loss we must really suck and after a win it was because we should have won. That's not how it works. You have to play the games. Sometimes there are unexpected outcomes.

Can we just let Brannen make his adjustments and see how they turn out? If you ask some fans he could be anywhere from terrible to great...but I don't think there is enough data to be deciding these things yet.

I propose we take 5 games at a time and make some assessments rather than 1 game hot takes. Everyone and their mother (and grandma) knows Keith and Chris needed to stay out of foul trouble. That is not a fresh take. Let's see if CJB can get them to dial it back a bit and stay in the game. Obviously it's paramount to success this season. If not it's a long road...if he can get them to respond....we have a different team.

I have no idea how you took any negativity from my post, I literally said Furman is good.

But I’m not gonna be proud that we be Furman and that’s jewel of our Jin conference schedule.

The reality is... we blew it. We blew the opportunity to have a good non conference

That doesn’t mean we won’t in the conference but it means that if you want to make the ncaa tourney, you have to beat Georgia and you have to likely win 15 games in conference assuming you even play them all.

Im gonna enjoy hopefully watching this team grow but that doesn’t mean we should lower the standard
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote