Thread: SMU Part II
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2019, 10:02 AM   #8
Queens_NYC
Epic Member

Queens_NYC is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyalum2014 View Post
I would love to see a comfortable win so we can get guys like Logan, Eli, Mama and Trevor some extended minutes. As much of a liability as those guys are we are going to need them in March. I am a big supporter of Eli's hustle but he looks like a bull in a china shop when he is down low with the ball, I don't know if he's going to lay it in or chuck it over the backboard. His motor is always running at 100 and that's why I support his minutes, I fully understand that he is a liability when he's in there because most of the time he is out of place. We also have to remember that Eli didn't start basketball until he was 15 when he moved from the Congo to Canada so he's still very Raw and the hard truth is the only way he improves is by playing.
Cronin has mentioned several times throughout the year that Eliel has been playing with lingering hand issues (I forget the specific ailment) throughout the entire season that has affected his handling of the ball. I don't know if the two FTs he hit at UConn were an anomaly or a sign of good things to come, but at the very least if his hands improve, he can hopefully give us better minutes during conference play next season.
Queens_NYC is offline   Reply With Quote