View Single Post
Old 06-25-2019, 01:02 PM   #4
Helicopter

Helicopter is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
I don't think this whole thing is going down like we thought it would. With ESPN and ABC, CBS etc bidding on conference rights. So much has changed recently with Netflix etc (and will continue to change). Big Tech has a lot more money to use. If this becomes a team bidding situation rather than a conference bidding situation we move up the ladder a little bit.

We, as a university, need to be studying this big tech phenomenon and finally get on the forefront rather than being the one left behind the 8 ball.
If Amazon bought all media rights to UC sports and broadcasted them on Prime -- I'm in. I'm already plugged into the Bezos mothership. I know that's not palatable to everyone but $ is $. I wouldn't mind piloting it and having the contract come up again in 4-5 years when half CFB/CBB will switch.

The problem is the scheduling. Part of the reason we share the pie with Tulane, ECU, Tulsa, etc. is because we don't have to "buy" those games. It can get quite difficult and expensive to fill out an entire FB or CBB schedule. Part of the reason that UCONN is f***ed in two years.
Helicopter is offline   Reply With Quote