View Single Post
Old 11-27-2018, 09:56 AM   #29
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sedziobs View Post
Thanks. Yeah, first posts but I've been here reading most days. I just don't have much to contribute to debates about lineup decisions or style of play. I have my opinions, but we're all operating on what we see on TV, which isn't quite enough information to form concrete conclusions. I prefer to analyze things where we have some data to provide clarity. I do enjoy reading all of the banter though. I'll probably become a lot more active midway through the season when bracketology starts to become meaningful.

you'll probably have fun with NET. i guess we'll get to see if its any better than RPI was.

ive read a few things about it i dont like, capping wins at 10 points, and the quality of your opponent doesn't matter for the stats you put up (holding duke to .98 ppp is the same as holding arkansas-pine bluff to .98ppp) but im not sure if thats actually true or people misinterpreting the data.

if it is true, it is probably a big benefit to us considering our schedule. rpi sucked but was actually great for us last year.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote