View Single Post
Old 10-30-2019, 09:24 AM   #7
skyblade
Epic Member

skyblade is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdchick View Post
Diarra is by far the biggest question mark going into the year, definitely want to see how he’s developing, the game was too fast for him last year, he looked quicker in midnight madness.

But I still think his decision making and b-ball IQ will always be a problem for him, I hope I’m wrong
I think Diarra will get there, but it might be another year or two. Diarra just hasn't played much organized basketball and there is no fix for that besides time. I'm guessing changing systems will set him back a little as well.

I haven't seen anything official about starting lineups and I think we need Diarra to be a starter. I don't see Vogt or Sorolla as starting material - maybe one of them can prove me wrong - and I still don't think we have enough tough athletic guards to play small (at least not until Moore and maybe Davenport get healthy). Not to mention that I don't think Scott is big enough to play a lot of minutes at center.

I really think Diarra is the key to our success this season. It's probably worth giving him minutes and letting him learn through playing. It may be ugly at first, but hopefully he will figure it out by tournament time.
skyblade is offline   Reply With Quote