View Single Post
Old 05-19-2014, 03:08 PM   #187
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scheids21 View Post
We all agree we need new facilities, but I don't know how you point to this as an example when we have no idea why he chose USC.
I guess I'm just a little frustrated bc I was hoping we wouldn't give back all the momentum of this successful season. I was hoping after a 4th straight tourney and 2 scholarships in the spring to give, we could reload rather than rebuild. Seems now that some are questioning whether we'll even make the tourney next year or not (I think we definitely will). Based on that Tweet from his own uncle, I'd say they were well aware of which program was better between us and USC. And I just can't imagine someone choosing USC when any other top 15 program is offering.
I just think at the end of the day it's hard to expect to win these recruiting battles. Even though we had him on a visit, there was not an optimistic feeling that we'd get him. Mick's recruiting reputation has even been called into question by some recently, but I just don't know what more he can do with the ssituation as is. So yeah, I chalk up losing Stewart to not being able to blow him away with our facilities. Or at least I think it was a factor in us not closing the deal.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote