View Single Post
Old 08-07-2018, 12:59 PM   #36
GarradJ21
Epic Member

GarradJ21 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by XUArizona View Post
Obviously an XU guy, but when he didn't recommit it was disappointing. Curtis could be a really special player. His shot is a tad suspect but the mechanics are there. The kid is also very athletic. His issue and his issue with us was that he wants to be a PG in college and not a SG or combo. I would imagine both Broome and Jenifer graduating he see a lot of time at the point. This is a great steal, if he can be convinced he isn't more than a backup ball handler.
I know where youre coming from but I don't know if it's entirely accurate. Articles have came out since his commitment and said it's not necessarily that he needs to be pg but he likes the ball in his hands. Cronin and staff stressed to him that if you work hard and you are scoring threat and play maker (Cumberland and Evans) you'll be able to benefit in our offense and have the plays run through you. I don't think Samari will truly be just our backup pg but def could see him running it at times just like Evans did. Logan Johnson and hopefully a 2019 or 2020 recruit will be more of our go to point guard is my guess, but again, I could see plenty times throughout the game, a bigger lineup with Samari running the show later on in his career.

Last edited by GarradJ21; 08-07-2018 at 01:02 PM.
GarradJ21 is offline   Reply With Quote