View Single Post
Old 10-09-2019, 08:30 AM   #16
skyblade
Epic Member

skyblade is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLongHaul View Post
lol, you crack me up Skyblade. McNeal is a historically bad 3 point shooter by shooting 28%, 32%, and 38% in his first three years, while "we know Tre can shoot if he is open". Not exactly sure who you are referring to as Tre, but Tre(vor) was 27% and 31% while Tre(von) shouldn't really even be in the discussion for 3 pointers considering last year was the only year he's ever shot the 3, and only attempted 39 all year.
I like how you put the shooting percentages in non-temporal order to make it look like he's been improving. McNeal in D1 competition has shot 28% (2015-16) and 31.5% (2017-18), both on high-volume. At the community college level he shot 38% (in 2016-17), but I have a suspicion that he wasn't facing good defense. McNeal is historically a high-volume, low-percentage three point shooter, nothing about midnight madness made it look like that will change.

I was referring to Scott, and yes I think he has shown he can knock down open jumpers/threes at a reasonable rate. He shot only 31% from three, but he's shown enough to force defenses to stretch to guard him. He doesn't have to shoot at a high volume as a big, just has to be able to knock down open shots so the D can't leave him to collapse inside (same is true for Diarra).
skyblade is offline   Reply With Quote