View Single Post
Old 07-06-2021, 11:24 AM   #8
Queens_NYC
Epic Member

Queens_NYC is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
Looking at lineups.

I would like to know how you get Ado, Koval, Ody 15 plus minutes when you have Lakhin, Davenport and Hensley who are all 6'7" plus. How do you keep 12 guys happy (minus Banks)?

Ado 20. Koval 15. Lakhin 5
Davenport 15. Ody 15. Lakhin 5. Hensley 5
Newman 20. Davenport 10. Hensley 5. McGinnis 5
MAW 20. Madsen 15. McGinnis 5.
DD 25. Saunders 15

I think the question marks here are the unknowns Hensley. McGinnis, and Lakhin. Will they play? Is Lakhin's knee ready to go? Is 10 minutes too much for them? I don't suspect they will all get 10 minutes. Probably closer to 5-7 and who knows if there is a red shirt possibility.

But the minutes allocation is as tough to predict as I can remember!!
My best guess is that Lakhin will definitely be an end-of-the-bench garbage time player who does not see regular rotation duty barring one of the other bigs getting hurt.

Hensley would be my next best guess for a player who does not initially enter the rotation based on the season he had last year. Wes seems pretty high on him though, so I wouldn't be surprised to see him grow into a bigger role as the year goes on.

Everyone else will probably be in the 12-28 minute range, as long as we have a full and healthy squad.

Ado, Koval, Ody, Davenport, Newman, DDJ, MAW, and Saunders will probably be our core group. I see Madsen and McGinnis only get extended minutes based on hot shooting.
Queens_NYC is offline   Reply With Quote