View Single Post
Old 07-28-2021, 09:46 AM   #10
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyblade View Post
New Chad Podcast after watching open gym, with all current players except Lakhin and a lot of former players and local D1 guys from other schools (Gary Clark, Jacob Evans, DeBerry, Isaiah Miller, Devin Williams, Tre Scott, Troy Caupain and others). https://soundcloud.com/chad-brendel/...il-and-trouble

Interesting notes: Now it sounds like the former players weren't going too hard. So take it with a grain of salt. But according to Chad DDJ was the best player in the gym, Chad has heard that DDJ is generally the best player in practice.

The best team on the court consisted of DDJ, Maw, Mason, Banks and Koval.

Hensley had the two best dunks in the gym, Chad thinks we will be better off with Hensley than we were with Eason. Hensley may be more athletic than Eason.

Newman was the one guy who was able to shut-down DDJ. Newman looks like the guy you put on the other teams best offensive player and tell him to shut him down.

DDJ has mostly been practicing off ball. Sounds like Saunders is probably going to start at PG. Not sure if DDJ backs him up or if someone else will.

Banks looked like he belonged on the court with the other guys.
I was wondering about DDJ's attitude towards the change since he was one of the last we confirmed to be back. I have noticed him having the biggest grins on his face in some of the media pics coming out which was a welcome sign. He seems genuinely happy! We need his play making ability. Great to hear. I hope his shot starts falling this year.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote