Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 04-12-2019, 12:31 PM   #111
cincycpaw
Epic Member

cincycpaw will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_one_32 View Post
Personally, no, I understand the concept but they shouldn't be making decisions based on a players preference in college. I get what you're saying and it makes sense but that's a slippery slope. I think Cumberland should know who they are looking at, but not have a say in who they hire.
I agree completely about not having a say. Keeping informed of progress...slippery slope cause he could talk. I kinda like the silence...though as someone that wants to know I don’t like it!
cincycpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2019, 12:36 PM   #112
the_one_32
Recruiting Analyst

the_one_32 will become famous soon enoughthe_one_32 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincycpaw View Post
I agree completely about not having a say. Keeping informed of progress...slippery slope cause he could talk. I kinda like the silence...though as someone that wants to know I don’t like it!
Oh yeah I'd love to know who they have in mind. They need to move quickly, I would say by early next week. The longer this lasts the more in limbo current players feel and I'm sure it will negatively effect Curtis and all other prospective 2019 recruits. Get their guy, get it done and let him talk to the team and Curtis ASAP. I think at this point it's Brannen vs everybody else.
Old 04-12-2019, 09:09 PM   #113
mdchick
Epic Member

mdchick is on a distinguished road
Keith Williams just posted on his insta story “ you gotta do what’s best for you by any means”

Losing him would be a huge loss
mdchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 04:34 PM   #114
the_one_32
Recruiting Analyst

the_one_32 will become famous soon enoughthe_one_32 will become famous soon enough
More than ever, with what looks like to be a couple guys leaving and Curtis looking around at other schools, the athletic department HAS to hire a coach with some recruits who will follow him. A blah hire will set this program back a long ways
the_one_32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 05:11 PM   #115
z_bearcat

z_bearcat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdchick View Post
Keith Williams just posted on his insta story “ you gotta do what’s best for you by any means”

Losing him would be a huge loss
How do you know he wasn’t referring to Cronin leaving for UCLA? That’s just as likely as interpreting his comments to mean he is leaving UC.
z_bearcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 05:13 PM   #116
z_bearcat

z_bearcat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_one_32 View Post
More than ever, with what looks like to be a couple guys leaving and Curtis looking around at other schools, the athletic department HAS to hire a coach with some recruits who will follow him. A blah hire will set this program back a long ways
The last official statement from Curtis was that he is firm in his commitment. Any other interpretation is speculation at best.
z_bearcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 05:30 PM   #117
cincycpaw
Epic Member

cincycpaw will become famous soon enough
I would like every player to return. That said, if they are Bearcats only for Mick Cronin, then go ahead and leave. I want players that want to wear Cincinnati across their chest, not Cronin.
cincycpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 05:54 PM   #118
mdchick
Epic Member

mdchick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by z_bearcat View Post
How do you know he wasn’t referring to Cronin leaving for UCLA? That’s just as likely as interpreting his comments to mean he is leaving UC.
I was just posting what he said, if your an optimist could mean anything, if your a pessimist he’s leaving, if your a realist; it doesn’t sound great
mdchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 08:57 PM   #119
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
Transfer talk on the twitter machine.

Last edited by TheLivingLegend; 04-15-2019 at 09:08 PM.
TheLivingLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 06:08 AM   #120
cincyalum2014
Elite Member

cincyalum2014 is on a distinguished road
So if Brooks does transfer.... who’s everyone’s favorite to replace him. Nsoseme? Diarra? Prince?
cincyalum2014 is offline   Reply With Quote