Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 04-06-2020, 12:30 PM   #451
Queens_NYC
Epic Member

Queens_NYC is on a distinguished road
Some Monday news for the masses:

-We made the final 7 for Western Michigan grad transfer Brandon Johnson along with Dayton, Minnesota, UConn, Tulane, New Mexico and South Alabama.

-2020 target/Wichita State de-commit JaDun Michael committed to Elon last night following through on his pledge to play "closer to home" (Elon is a 5 minute drive from his high school).

-Read a quote from Jalen Tate's dad, former Bearcat Jermaine Tate, that he himself is very high on Brannen and would love for Jalen to go to UC, but that he is letting him make his own decision.
Queens_NYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2020, 05:04 PM   #452
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queens_NYC View Post
Some Monday news for the masses:

-We made the final 7 for Western Michigan grad transfer Brandon Johnson along with Dayton, Minnesota, UConn, Tulane, New Mexico and South Alabama.

-2020 target/Wichita State de-commit JaDun Michael committed to Elon last night following through on his pledge to play "closer to home" (Elon is a 5 minute drive from his high school).

-Read a quote from Jalen Tate's dad, former Bearcat Jermaine Tate, that he himself is very high on Brannen and would love for Jalen to go to UC, but that he is letting him make his own decision.
Was really hoping for an impact guy this spring. Transfer or a decommit. Still time for something to open up but running out of options. Brandon Johnson would be a big get at this point. Him and Tate would be a successful spring.
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 07:51 AM   #453
cincyalum2014
Elite Member

cincyalum2014 is on a distinguished road
PG David Sloan is back on the transfer market, he was heavily recruited by Brannen last summer as a juco guy and we made his final list before he ultimately choose KSU. He had a pretty underwhelming season at Kansas State and will interested to see where he ends up, I believe he will have to sit a year ( who knows with the NCAA) but he will have two years of eligibility left.
cincyalum2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 09:02 AM   #454
Queens_NYC
Epic Member

We've also reached out to David Dejulius from Michigan who would likely have to sit next year and have 2 years of eligibility remaining.

6'0 and can play either guard spot. Former 4 star recruit who was Michigan's first guard off the bench this year. Shot the ball well during Michigan's hot OOC run, but cooled off during Big Ten play and was likely going to be recruited over by a freshman or grad transfer next season.
Old 04-07-2020, 11:32 AM   #455
cincyguy13
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queens_NYC View Post
We've also reached out to David Dejulius from Michigan who would likely have to sit next year and have 2 years of eligibility remaining.

6'0 and can play either guard spot. Former 4 star recruit who was Michigan's first guard off the bench this year. Shot the ball well during Michigan's hot OOC run, but cooled off during Big Ten play and was likely going to be recruited over by a freshman or grad transfer next season.
We seem to be set on guards and wings the next couple years. In my opinion, unless they are game changers, or only have a year, like Tate, I don’t even want them. Let’s Give the guys we have coming in a chance. Unless of course, there is a big get out there. Lot of these guys don’t feel like upgrades.

Keep trying to get top 100ish guys for the future. I know we will strike out most of the time but only takes 1-2 to say yes to completely change your team.
Old 04-07-2020, 11:48 AM   #456
Queens_NYC
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
We seem to be set on guards and wings the next couple years. In my opinion, unless they are game changers, or only have a year, like Tate, I don’t even want them. Let’s Give the guys we have coming in a chance. Unless of course, there is a big get out there. Lot of these guys don’t feel like upgrades.

Keep trying to get top 100ish guys for the future. I know we will strike out most of the time but only takes 1-2 to say yes to completely change your team.
I agree with most of this. I was surprised to read we had reached out in this particular case. It seems like we're making initial contact with most high major recruits in the transfer portal then things die down quickly.
Old 04-08-2020, 07:35 AM   #457
itsamemario

itsamemario is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyalum2014 View Post
PG David Sloan is back on the transfer market, he was heavily recruited by Brannen last summer as a juco guy and we made his final list before he ultimately choose KSU. He had a pretty underwhelming season at Kansas State and will interested to see where he ends up, I believe he will have to sit a year ( who knows with the NCAA) but he will have two years of eligibility left.
hard pass. He can kick rocks
itsamemario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 10:00 AM   #458
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
Was really hoping for an impact guy this spring. Transfer or a decommit. Still time for something to open up but running out of options. Brandon Johnson would be a big get at this point. Him and Tate would be a successful spring.
I would take that in a heartbeat! Then finish with another big if we have an open spot
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 11:45 AM   #459
cincyguy13
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
I would take that in a heartbeat! Then finish with another big if we have an open spot
If we get a big, it’s going to be really hard to get another one. When would they get minutes? We’d have 4 bigs. Unless it was a project type like the big we just offered

Last edited by cincyguy13; 04-08-2020 at 11:48 AM.
Old 04-08-2020, 12:23 PM   #460
cincyalum2014
Elite Member

cincyalum2014 is on a distinguished road
And Rashawn Fredricks is back in the transfer portal. Leaving UAB after sitting all season due to transfer rules
cincyalum2014 is offline   Reply With Quote