Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 05-06-2021, 09:59 AM   #1591
skyblade
Epic Member

skyblade is on a distinguished road
Yeah, seems like Kyle Washington is being worked on, maybe as a GA? Not sure.

I didn't love Washington as a player, but I'd gladly take him back to coach. He definitely epitomized toughness.
skyblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 09:04 AM   #1592
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
If we got 2 bigs, ody from wake Forrest, and either the Louisville kid or josh gray, LSU, would we be a bubble team team. I kinda think we would. Especially if we scheduled easy and just racked up wins. Maybe I’m being optimistic.
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 10:14 AM   #1593
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
If we got 2 bigs, ody from wake Forrest, and either the Louisville kid or josh gray, LSU, would we be a bubble team team. I kinda think we would. Especially if we scheduled easy and just racked up wins. Maybe I’m being optimistic.
I guess if we get a kid who can rebound and play the 3 and 4 that would be nice. It would allow Davenport to play some 3 and 4 as well. I think we need a player to go along with Newman out there at the 3 who can shoot.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 10:24 AM   #1594
cincyguy13
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
I guess if we get a kid who can rebound and play the 3 and 4 that would be nice. It would allow Davenport to play some 3 and 4 as well. I think we need a player to go along with Newman out there at the 3 who can shoot.
I just don’t think we are that far away from competing in our league. Houston will keep rolling, but they lost a lot. After that, there isn’t much. WSU, nothing special, Memphis lost more guys than us and are Memphis. After that who we counting on to be good? I think we are closer to competing in the league than it seems. Get a couple pieces and it could be fun.
Old 05-07-2021, 10:28 AM   #1595
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
If we can get both of these bigs I'll be pretty happy. I think a lineup with Newman at the 2 and Davenport at the 3 will be our best.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2021, 11:55 AM   #1596
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
If we can get both of these bigs I'll be pretty happy. I think a lineup with Newman at the 2 and Davenport at the 3 will be our best.
If Newman can work on that 3 ball I would agree. I guess as long as he can top 30% I would live with it. But I like the idea of having 2 shooters out there. Davenport and Mason/MAW or player TBD
Old 05-07-2021, 12:17 PM   #1597
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
I just don’t think we are that far away from competing in our league. Houston will keep rolling, but they lost a lot. After that, there isn’t much. WSU, nothing special, Memphis lost more guys than us and are Memphis. After that who we counting on to be good? I think we are closer to competing in the league than it seems. Get a couple pieces and it could be fun.
I don't see an amazing roster here TBH so hopefully Wes is the real deal as a coach and can get these guys fired up. Then he can start developing relationships with future recruits and keep the ball rolling. I don't expect CWM to make the dance first year. But the coaching staff he has put together will make things easier this year and should be awesome for building in future.

I just don't see much scoring punch right now or go to guy. And I am not sure we have enough athleticism to be elite on D. I think we will get off to a better start than last year and have a better record but I don't see an NCAA tourney caliber team right now. I hope I am wrong and Wes took the players he already knows are going to kill it for us.

Sounds like Banks will stay on scholly so we are likely down to two more players. If Lakhin decides to leave we will have another big to get and might get luck in the late portal.
Old 05-07-2021, 12:26 PM   #1598
cincyguy13
Epic Member

Quote:
I don't see an amazing roster here TBH so hopefully Wes is the real deal as a coach and can get these guys fired up. Then he can start developing relationships with future recruits and keep the ball rolling. I don't expect CWM to make the dance first year. But the coaching staff he has put together will make things easier this year and should be awesome for building in future.

I just don't see much scoring punch right now or go to guy. And I am not sure we have enough athleticism to be elite on D. I think we will get off to a better start than last year and have a better record but I don't see an NCAA tourney caliber team right now. I hope I am wrong and Wes took the players he already knows are going to kill it for us.

Sounds like Banks will stay on scholly so we are likely down to two more players. If Lakhin decides to leave we will have another big to get and might get luck in the late portal.
Our roster isn’t amazing but neither is anyone in our league. WSU won the regular season last year and we beat them with 6 players that were freshmen and sophomores. If we get a good big or two, won’t be far behind WSU or Memphis in my opinion. I think if we do get a big or two, who knows if we will, schedule easy, could easily win 20 games, and might be in the conversation. I don’t really care about limping in to the tourney but being a bubble team would be a decent start in year 1.

Last edited by cincyguy13; 05-07-2021 at 12:29 PM.
Old 05-07-2021, 12:35 PM   #1599
waterhead
Senior Moderator

If we happen to get Ody.

All defense team

Koval
Ody
Newman
MAW
Saunders

All offense team

Koval
Davenport
Newman
Madsen
Dejulius
Old 05-07-2021, 12:40 PM   #1600
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Quote:
If we happen to get Ody.

All defense team

Koval
Ody
Newman
MAW
Saunders

All offense team

Koval
Davenport
Newman
Madsen
Dejulius
I think McGinnis could be a dark horse for both offense and defense.