Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-2023, 06:07 PM   #101
sirthought

sirthought is on a distinguished road
It's time to move away from Landers and start developing other guys.
sirthought is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2023, 08:02 AM   #102
TheRealMick
Elite Member

TheRealMick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sedziobs View Post
Nolley's rebounding was about average for a 3. An above average offensive rebounding team grabs 30% of misses, which breaks out to something like C-10 PF-8 SF-6 SG-4 PG-2. Nolley has a rate under 4 for his career, and even though he improved a lot in conference play was still under 6. Davenport had exactly the same numbers this year both in conference and overall.
This why I don't really care for advanced stats. Everybody eye test told them Nolley better at rebounding than JD.
TheRealMick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2023, 08:03 AM   #103
TheRealMick
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirthought View Post
It's time to move away from Landers and start developing other guys.
Say what?
Old 03-30-2023, 08:24 AM   #104
sedziobs
Senior Moderator

sedziobs is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealMick View Post
This why I don't really care for advanced stats. Everybody eye test told them Nolley better at rebounding than JD.
I agree that Nolley is a better rebounder when he puts effort into it, but his actual production was no better than JD. What does it matter if you are better at rebounding if you don't actually rebound? The NBA will see Nolley's potential, but when assembling a college roster it's important to look at actual results.

I'll add that the stats still show Nolley was better at rebounding his position, since JD played some 4 while Nolley was almost exclusively a 3.

Last edited by sedziobs; 03-30-2023 at 08:38 AM.
sedziobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2023, 03:25 PM   #105
skyblade
Epic Member

skyblade is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Eye test told me that Nolley can be a better rebounder than JD... When he feels like it, which was about half the time. Nolley is going to have to convince an NCA team he will go all out with his play, when he has spent his entire college career lollygagging.
skyblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2023, 10:42 PM   #106
TheRealMick
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyblade View Post
Eye test told me that Nolley can be a better rebounder than JD... When he feels like it, which was about half the time. Nolley is going to have to convince an NCA team he will go all out with his play, when he has spent his entire college career lollygagging.
He play like he still on AAU teams. Not too many players have gave him a real challenge.
Old 04-01-2023, 10:44 PM   #107
TheRealMick
Elite Member

Anybody else notice the inner city kids in Cincinnati no longer looking at X as team play for. When I was in school it was disrespectful to go X over UC. I had never heard of somebody saying I wish X give me scholarship.
Old 04-02-2023, 08:04 AM   #108
Queens_NYC
Epic Member

Queens_NYC is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Anybody else notice the inner city kids in Cincinnati no longer looking at X as team play for. When I was in school it was disrespectful to go X over UC. I had never heard of somebody saying I wish X give me scholarship.
While X has always recruited the GCL stiffs that UC would never touch with a 10-foot pole, they've also grabbed a few dudes from around the city as well over the years. Keith Jackson from Purcell, AD Graves from Hughes when he was a 4 star out of HS, CJ Anderson (as a transfer) and Semaj Christon from Winton Woods.

It's important that Wes continues to lock down the city for the foreseeable future though. Rayvon was a huge W. Tyler McKinney would be massive as well.
Queens_NYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2023, 10:56 AM   #109
sirthought

sirthought is on a distinguished road
X has had way more local kids than UC has. I don't pay attention to who is inner city or not. (I lived in OTR for years, so it's not that I don't know.) But the Cincinnati market has a lot more players UC could be getting.

Josh Duncan
Johnny Wolf
Justin Dollman
Griffin MacKensie
Erik Stenger
Leighton Schrand
Dieonte Miles
Adam Kunkel

A bunch from other parts of Ohio. They seem to recruit Indy heavily.
sirthought is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2023, 03:26 PM   #110
TheRealMick
Elite Member

Guys I clearly said NO LONGER! X didn't make Rayvon or Tyler final 5. Yancey was last city kid to consider X. I wonder what happened.