Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives > 2016 Recruiting Profiles

Old 03-05-2015, 08:32 PM   #11
rogerOH

rogerOH is on a distinguished road
6'5 can't guard 6'10
rogerOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 09:18 PM   #12
jbreeds1

jbreeds1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerOH View Post
6'5 can't guard 6'10
Capable 6'10" guys aren't exactly a dime a dozen either.
jbreeds1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 11:23 PM   #13
Patrick Bateman
Epic Member

Patrick Bateman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbreeds1 View Post
Just a thought, why must we recruit a couple of "big guys"? I know that baseball minds used to believe that when drafting a player they'd grab guys based on need instead of the best player available. Nowadays, they have changed their philosophies. I know that in baseball you can trade guys away and etc., but why can't we change our style of play based on the best guys that we could get? In a nut shell, I'm saying that if I were given the option of landing a top 50 shooting guard or going after a 6'11" center who will probably not contribute until he is a junior or senior, I'm taking the top 50 guy every single time. Just my opinion.
What happened the last time we got a top 25 recruit?? What others have been remotely close that we have landed?
Old 03-06-2015, 02:13 AM   #14
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Just a thought, why must we recruit a couple of "big guys"? I know that baseball minds used to believe that when drafting a player they'd grab guys based on need instead of the best player available. Nowadays, they have changed their philosophies. I know that in baseball you can trade guys away and etc., but why can't we change our style of play based on the best guys that we could get? In a nut shell, I'm saying that if I were given the option of landing a top 50 shooting guard or going after a 6'11" center who will probably not contribute until he is a junior or senior, I'm taking the top 50 guy every single time. Just my opinion.
not a very practicle approach. A Huge factor in recruiting is immediate playing time. Stacking recruits at one position doesn't lend itself to that.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 08:17 AM   #15
BearcatSpaniard513
Elite Member

BearcatSpaniard513 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I agree with you and this philosophy has worked pretty well for the Bengals these past couple draft classes. I thought they were crazy for drafting a running back so high when we had Gio Bernard, but it really worked out. I would take the top 50 player, but where it stands right now we would have Gary Clark playing out of position. Ina perfect world Mick lands a top 50 center and the other 4 will be best available
BearcatSpaniard513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 12:31 AM   #16
mdchick
Epic Member

mdchick is on a distinguished road
I'd bet some money that we get another juco big in the 2016 class. It's worked with rubles Ellis and even deberry
mdchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 10:33 AM   #17
Bearcat22
Elite Member

Bearcat22 is on a distinguished road
This was posted by Jack about Mick's radio show in a thread that got closed

I only heard bits and pieces but the two things that jumped out to me were:

1) Said that there isnt anything he can say about the UCONN game that wont get him fined or suspended.

2) Said he wants to add a big piece in recruiting to next year's team to go on a really deep run. in a thread that got locked for other reasons:

On the second point about adding a "big piece" is that just stating a want or can more be read into it as Mick might be feeling good about a commitment or transfer coming the Cat's way?
Bearcat22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 10:52 AM   #18
BearcatSpaniard513
Elite Member

BearcatSpaniard513 is on a distinguished road
Sure hope it's foreshadowing... I don't care if it's a big time transfer, JUCO player or HS recruit. Next year is our season to make a deep run. If it is a transfer I hope he is elligible to play immediately (Graduate transfer or whatever)
BearcatSpaniard513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 12:06 PM   #19
JackBauer151
Epic Member

JackBauer151 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to JackBauer151
There is just so much movement after the tournament that big time players always become available. Just have to convince them to come to UC. I dont see any juco being the answer. A guy like Sterling Gibbs would be interesting if he chose to leave Seton Hall. I believe he will graduate this year. Then with all the coaches being fired recruits are let out of their NLOI and the feeding frenzy is on. Im sure there are a few Mick has in mind.
JackBauer151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 06:18 AM   #20
the_one_32
Recruiting Analyst

the_one_32 will become famous soon enoughthe_one_32 will become famous soon enough
Dominic Woodson could be in play. Haven't heard anything but we were involved with him out of HS and he is transferring again.
the_one_32 is offline   Reply With Quote