Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 01-28-2020, 08:29 PM   #31
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
Good news is Houston isn't a great shooting team. If we can contain Jarruea's driving I think we will be alright. They also don't have size. Vogt has to play better.
They double every post touch.

Vogt will have his work cut out and Gresham and Harris are good shot blockers.

But if we get that JC ... we good
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 08:32 PM   #32
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
They double every post touch.

Vogt will have his work cut out and Gresham and Harris are good shot blockers.

But if we get that JC ... we good
Good, I hope they do double. That is what we want.
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 08:33 PM   #33
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Harvey's shot looked a little quicker and smoother. Wonder if he changed it or I am seeing things. His fouls are still as dumb as ever.
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 09:18 PM   #34
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Jon Rycek is on a distinguished road
We completely shut down one of the most efficient offenses in the country. We have some big time offensive threats and our defense just keeps getting better. We are trending upwards every single game IMO. Starting to get some good feelings about how this year is gonna close out
Jon Rycek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 09:55 PM   #35
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Tre with 9 boards, 3 assists and 1 turnover. 1-2 shooting. That is a good night IMO as we didn’t waste about 5 possessions on jumpers and TOs. I will take that type of game from him
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 02:55 AM   #36
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
Tre with 9 boards, 3 assists and 1 turnover. 1-2 shooting. That is a good night IMO as we didn’t waste about 5 possessions on jumpers and TOs. I will take that type of game from him
He’s definitely a draymond green type, he doesn’t need to score to have an impact on the game. And when he does have good scoring nights it’s pretty much a lock. He’s a great glue guy, we’ve got plenty of offensive weapons, I’d much rather seen him playing within himself and not forcing shots that he is pretty decent at, but just aren’t statistically good shots to take. Games like these I believe will help him to see how much of an effect a player can have on a game even without adding a bunch of points on the board.
Old 01-29-2020, 03:21 AM   #37
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

And one comment about Mcneal, he’s probably our best defensive guard, at the very least an equal. His biggest problem is/was the same as Kilpatricks in the NBA. Through whatever reasons, he feels the need to be that guy, and he just isn’t. He has some great talent, he’s quick, can make some pretty nice plays getting to the hole. If he’d learn to accept he shouldn’t shoot unless it’s a wide open shot I think he’d actually be a very good player. Just another guy who isn’t willing to accept his role, and it completely diminishes all the things he actually does pretty well.
Old 01-29-2020, 05:41 AM   #38
Queens_NYC
Epic Member

Queens_NYC is on a distinguished road
We held 3 SMU starters who combined for 63 minutes scoreless, but most importantly, one of those players was Kendric Davis, whose previous low-scoring game this season was 9 points. MAW had two really good blocks on him.

It's hard to see us losing another home game this season with how dominant, particularly defensively, we've been recently.
Queens_NYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 07:51 AM   #39
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
It's been so nice watching this team continually improve throughout the season. Tons of credit to MAW for playing lock down defense last night.

Jarron has to love how much easier it is for him to get his shot in this offense.

Last year Jarron shot 41.5% from 2 overall and 40.5% from 2 in conference.

This year he's shooting 47.6% from 2 and 53.1% from 2 in conference.

As Brannen said in his postgame last night, when you have multiple guys that can score, opposing teams just can't key in on one player.

We blew out SMU and had bad offensive games from Vogt, Scott, and Jaevin.

Last edited by cincrulz11; 01-29-2020 at 07:56 AM.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 11:05 AM   #40
skyblade
Epic Member

skyblade is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
Good, I hope they do double. That is what we want.
I believe Houston automatically doubles and traps on all post touches, it's part of their defense regardless of who the opposing big man is. Vogt isn't going to get many 1v1 opportunities against them, he needs be ready for the double and make quick smart passes. His TO rate hasn't been very good in conference and Houston is going to try to force him into mistakes.
skyblade is offline   Reply With Quote