Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 02-09-2020, 03:06 PM   #91
cincyalum2014
Elite Member

cincyalum2014 is on a distinguished road
Was Jarron fouled... yes... but we gave up 18 offensive rebounds.... not ideal, I don’t think this breaks our chances of getting in but it definitely sets us back.... again
cincyalum2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 03:27 PM   #92
Alum2013
Elite Member

Alum2013 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyalum2014 View Post
Was Jarron fouled... yes... but we gave up 18 offensive rebounds.... not ideal, I don’t think this breaks our chances of getting in but it definitely sets us back.... again
Agreed. The 18 OREB is what did us in more than anything else. Justin you can speak about defense but that wasn't the problem. Giving up the offensive rebound so they got another chance was the problem.
Alum2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 03:32 PM   #93
JoeRunner89

JoeRunner89 is an unknown quantity at this point
Rebounding and defense in basketball is like line play with defense in football. Basic but major parts of the game that ultimately lead to ball control which is another way to win a game but your chances will always be better getting those two things done. Offense mostly happens with talent and unfortunately the talent Cumberland didnt have it today and Keith Williams flamed out in the end this game was very winnable. Would of loved to see brannen mix it up besides the Cumberland at the top of the key attack
JoeRunner89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 03:34 PM   #94
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
Lolol it’s hilarious because my takes regarding the concern for away games was based around the WSU and temple game.

In both those games 79 and 82 points

In both those games we defended like crap.

And in the WSU game we lost the rebounding war and allowed 12 offensive boards

To me your playing with fire if your counting on winning on the road by only out scoring your opponents.

You can win some games for sure. Especially when you hit shots.

And if his team thinks we’re gonna roll into ECU and kick their ass without trying to defend and rebound, we will lose as well.

and guess what, when you play mick ball and the other team is on fire, you lose those games too. you can lose with both styles.

its hard to win on the road when other teams are hot. its hard to win on the road when your star goes 1-11 with 6 turnovers. its hard to win when guys go 4-8 from 3 that are worse career 3 point shooters than tre scott.

a mick team probably doesn't beat a temple team raining in 3's on the road because his style doesn't allow for enough possession to win that game. (and out of the last 4 years mick had 1 great 3 point defending team, 2 atrocious ones, and 1 average one.)

you just sit and wait for us to lose so you can go on these rants. your posting goes way down when we win (unless mick won a game the night before, then its way up). after wichita state this place was dead. and even after that win you still pointed out bad things.

john brannen will be better for this program than mick. and i think deep down you see it and that pisses you off cause you know how wrong you were.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 03:34 PM   #95
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alum2013 View Post
Agreed. The 18 OREB is what did us in more than anything else. Justin you can speak about defense but that wasn't the problem. Giving up the offensive rebound so they got another chance was the problem.
It’s called defensive rebounding for a reason tho. You don’t finish a defensive possession until you secure the rebound.

That said, yes, I’ll say it. UC needs to win out now.

Because it very much seems like the only tier 1 left on our schedule is Houston.

And they are giving work to WSU

If you guys wanna feel comfy on selection day with 1 tier win then be my guest.

One more loss and an auto bid is over

Weak bubble or not
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 03:37 PM   #96
justinhub2003
Epic Member

I’ll say this too.

We need a grad transfer big in the worst way next year.

Otherwise next season maybe the worst rebounding team has ever had with Tre gone

Need a big body
Old 02-09-2020, 03:44 PM   #97
JoeRunner89

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
and guess what, when you play mick ball and the other team is on fire, you lose those games too. you can lose with both styles.

its hard to win on the road when other teams are hot. its hard to win on the road when your star goes 1-11 with 6 turnovers. its hard to win when guys go 4-8 from 3 that are worse career 3 point shooters than tre scott.

a mick team probably doesn't beat a temple team raining in 3's on the road because his style doesn't allow for enough possession to win that game. (and out of the last 4 years mick had 1 great 3 point defending team, 2 atrocious ones, and 1 average one.)

you just sit and wait for us to lose so you can go on these rants. your posting goes way down when we win (unless mick won a game the night before, then its way up). after wichita state this place was dead. and even after that win you still pointed out bad things.

john brannen will be better for this program than mick. and i think deep down you see it and that pisses you off cause you know how wrong you were.
👀 ok... Lets just calmn down
Old 02-09-2020, 03:46 PM   #98
JoeRunner89

Quote:

Lol haven't had to do too much sitting around for that this yr but they have been on a decent run lately
Old 02-09-2020, 03:55 PM   #99
justinhub2003
Epic Member

Quote:

I haven’t mentioned that name once in this thread

Mods take note.

We have a thread trying to be derailed.

I’m not biting
Old 02-09-2020, 03:56 PM   #100
sedziobs
Senior Moderator

sedziobs is on a distinguished road
This is a game thread. No one is going to read it in a week. I don't care if it gets derailed. Stop playing victim.
sedziobs is offline   Reply With Quote