Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 02-09-2020, 04:37 PM   #111
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Jon Rycek is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sedziobs View Post
This is a game thread. No one is going to read it in a week. I don't care if it gets derailed. Stop playing victim.
Great job
Jon Rycek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 05:27 PM   #112
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ervins84 View Post
Some guy must have a miserable life. I almost feel sorry for him.
Nice of you to show up to pile on

Great inputs to the message board.

Got my upvote

Lol hilarious that I’m the one that needs a life but you only chime in when it’s time to pile on me after a loss.

Last edited by justinhub2003; 02-09-2020 at 05:38 PM.
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 05:36 PM   #113
justinhub2003
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
You don’t mention micks name but you say the exact same stuff he says and constantly suggest brannen needs to change his system to be more like micks. You do that for sure.
Bearcats culture is to play defense and rebound no matter where we are, home or away

And Brannen has Said we are defensive first. He said that. Not me.

And I said I’m disappointed in the defense on the road.

Never once said we need to play a match up zone like our old coaches plays.

Listen... if you inferred that I was saying John needed to be like our old coach because I’m asking him to get his teams to defend and rebound on the road, then that’s on you.

I’ve said it all season. I said it leading up to this game that I don’t like the direction of our defensive and rebounding effort on the road. It’s not like I’m piling on because we lost.

I’m saying I saw this kinda loss coming a mile away after the last two road games.

I feel like this board expresses its frustrations about the team and blames it on me. It’s absolutely strange.

It’s business as usual for me. For 5 seasons running I’ve critiqued the team after wins and losses. I literally am doing what I’ve always done as passionate fan.
Old 02-09-2020, 06:33 PM   #114
mdchick
Epic Member

mdchick is on a distinguished road
You told me the last 3 games we’d go 2-1 I’d take it in a heartbeat, I was at the game, UConn’s crowd was great, tough loss, puts us in a tough spot the rest of the way, but still feel like the teams playing well and will have an opportunity to win the conference tourney, really small chance imo we get in at large.
mdchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 06:45 PM   #115
cincyalum2014
Elite Member

cincyalum2014 is on a distinguished road
It honestly just sucks because that is a game where if Jarron plays 5% better we win, even with the officiating, home crowd, the buffoon that is Danny Hurley giving up 18 offensive rebounds... I know Jarron was extremely efficient dishing out assists but he shot 1-11 and when we needed him he just wasn’t there and those games happen but it still sucks because we had multiple chances to win that game. This one hurts and hopefully doesn’t come back to bite us in the ass
cincyalum2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 08:18 PM   #116
mdchick
Epic Member

mdchick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyalum2014 View Post
It honestly just sucks because that is a game where if Jarron plays 5% better we win, even with the officiating, home crowd, the buffoon that is Danny Hurley giving up 18 offensive rebounds... I know Jarron was extremely efficient dishing out assists but he shot 1-11 and when we needed him he just wasn’t there and those games happen but it still sucks because we had multiple chances to win that game. This one hurts and hopefully doesn’t come back to bite us in the ass
Colgate Tulane and bowling green will bite us in the ass
mdchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 08:33 PM   #117
Bearcats92

Bearcats92 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdchick View Post
Colgate Tulane and bowling green will bite us in the ass
ESPN has us as first four out. If we miss the tournament because of these 3 games I’ll be pissed. The refs should’ve never called that foul at the end of the Colgate game. If Cumberland is in at the end of the BG game we win.
Bearcats92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 10:36 PM   #118
justinhub2003
Epic Member

We just need to win the conference tourney. It’s the only way to take it out if the committees hands.
Old 02-10-2020, 05:11 AM   #119
Bearcats92

Bearcats92 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
We just need to win the conference tourney. It’s the only way to take it out if the committees hands.
It would be ridiculous if this conference only gets one team in
Bearcats92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 08:05 AM   #120
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyalum2014 View Post
At the end of the game we kept going to Jarron for something that wasn't working the whole game unless he passed the ball. Most of those times he didn't even come close to putting a ball close to the basket. The plays we drew up were not very good.

We had plenty of chances to win this game. I put this one on the coach and the definition of insanity. We kept doing the same thing over and over with the same results. It worked in many games but it wasn't working in this one. It would have been one thing if we could have gotten Jarron driving on his right side but he went left too often and the D collapsed on him every time...we should have kicked those out on some possessions to whoever was open.

I think we have one loss to give now and that will likely be in Houston but stranger things have happened. It's too hard in conference to expect to run the table so we have our work cut out. Lose one max and win a couple in the tourney.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote