Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 02-16-2020, 09:23 PM   #221
sedziobs
Senior Moderator

sedziobs is on a distinguished road
Announcement:

I have made threads that will be moderated sticky. The threads at the top of the list should stay on topic.

2020 Bracketology: For bracketology as it relates to the Bearcats, with brief analysis and comparisons of resumes.

Games of Importance: For discussion of how other games impact our resume/bracketology. Talk about who to root for and why.

NET Rankings & Team Sheets: Updates on what our actual resume looks like, with brief discussion about predictions or other teams.

Former Bearcats: Keeping up with former Bearcat players in their current pursuits, not so much their time at UC or circumstances for leaving.

Future Bearcats: Updates on commits only. Keep speculation in the recruiting subforum.

Other threads are fair game for whatever.
sedziobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 09:51 PM   #222
sedziobs
Senior Moderator

I'm open to comments or suggestions on this. We'll see how it works.
Old 02-16-2020, 10:17 PM   #223
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sedziobs View Post
I'm open to comments or suggestions on this. We'll see how it works.
........ this message board barely has any life left in it.

Over moderating it is a bit much in my opinion. The bracketology thread wasn’t all that off topic. Personally feel your putting too much emphasis on this. If we were discussing any other team in that thread besides UCLA, I doubt you step in. Maybe I’m wrong, but feel your trying to steer the narrative, which I’m not sure if that’s what a moderator does.

You want a message board to have life. No one comes here to get great Bearcats insider info, they go to BCJ or the Athletic. People come to discuss basketball and Bearcats basketball. The convos go off topic but they also are more free flowing.

But it is what it is... just my opinion.
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 10:39 PM   #224
sedziobs
Senior Moderator

The goal is to strike a balance. We want to encourage members to discuss as much as they want, but it should also be useful for lurkers who just stop by to see what's going on (fans who aren't paying for a BCJ or Athletic subscription and don't have time to fully participate in the forums). The sticky threads is an attempt at that. Any other thread can be used to take conversations wherever they lead.
Old 02-17-2020, 01:00 AM   #225
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Jon Rycek is on a distinguished road
Quote:
The goal is to strike a balance. We want to encourage members to discuss as much as they want, but it should also be useful for lurkers who just stop by to see what's going on (fans who aren't paying for a BCJ or Athletic subscription and don't have time to fully participate in the forums). The sticky threads is an attempt at that. Any other thread can be used to take conversations wherever they lead.
I was wondering what these sticky threads were all of a sudden lol. Thought I did something in my pocket or didn’t remember doing after a night of drinking lol
Jon Rycek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 04:31 AM   #226
mdchick
Epic Member

mdchick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Guys, this is a Bearcats forum. I get that UCLA is more interesting than most other schools, but let's try to avoid extended discussion in this thread of any one team other than UC. If you really want to analyze UCLA's resume, start a new thread for it.
Or we could just remove Justin from the board, there is one common denominator here, every time these spirals happen
mdchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 05:00 AM   #227
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
........ this message board barely has any life left in it.

Over moderating it is a bit much in my opinion. The bracketology thread wasn’t all that off topic. Personally feel your putting too much emphasis on this. If we were discussing any other team in that thread besides UCLA, I doubt you step in. Maybe I’m wrong, but feel your trying to steer the narrative, which I’m not sure if that’s what a moderator does.

You want a message board to have life. No one comes here to get great Bearcats insider info, they go to BCJ or the Athletic. People come to discuss basketball and Bearcats basketball. The convos go off topic but they also are more free flowing.

But it is what it is... just my opinion.
I agree. Never understood the big deal with threads getting off topic. It’s a conversation. They can go different directions at times. As long as it’s not political or hateful, who cares. If people want to debate mick vs brannen forever, have at it. That’s what makes sports fun.

Last edited by cincyguy13; 02-17-2020 at 05:08 AM.
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 05:50 AM   #228
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdchick View Post
Or we could just remove Justin from the board, there is one common denominator here, every time these spirals happen
I mean he’s talking about a college basketball team on a college basketball message board. He should be banned for this? He’s annoying sometimes but talking about another college basketball team doesn’t seem like a crime. It seems like a logical question. Do we really only have to talk about the Bearcats?
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 06:56 AM   #229
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
I agree. Never understood the big deal with threads getting off topic. It’s a conversation. They can go different directions at times. As long as it’s not political or hateful, who cares. If people want to debate mick vs brannen forever, have at it. That’s what makes sports fun.
I think the point is do that, but please don’t make every thread that.

I’m sure a lot of people don’t want to go to a uc forum and see UCLA in every thread. It gets old having to skip through 20 replies in bracketology just to see where our bracketmatrix is.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2020, 08:14 AM   #230
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdchick View Post
Off topic.
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote