Cougars by 1-4 points 0 0%
Cougars by 5+ points 2 18.18%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-10-2019, 02:41 PM   #141
cliftonballer

cliftonballer is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ BEARCAT View Post
We were both rooting for the same team today. Sure WE both did not like the results of the game. I am really pulling for the American. This league is going to be very good.
I am, too. That's why I'm concerned. Penny has a monster class coming in. His team of Tubby and Pastner leftovers gave us all we could handle. Hurley is a maniac and his energy and passion is unmatched. His skeleton crew Uconn team gave us fits. He will recruit and have Uconn back quick I believe. Dawkins teams have given us fits he's trending in right direction. Sampson can flat out coach and put teams together. And his team just smoked us. Gregg Marshall same way. I'm happy for the league but am VERY concerned for us when recruiting and excitement has stagnated. I hope I am wrong and it elevates Cronin's coaching and recruiting but we are really going to see what he's made of the next couple years.
cliftonballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 02:59 PM   #142
cincycpaw
Epic Member

cincycpaw will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLivingLegend View Post
Kind of a disappointing reality check. I think we have over achieved on the season... with that being said, what a let down game.

Nysier played great. Jarron played solid. Everyone else kind laid an egg.

Not sure I've seen a more dominant 8 minute stretch. Up six at the 13 min mark and just got hammered in every aspect of the game.

O and Houston / Corey Davis jr .... Really good.
This.

Tough way to go out. I especially hate that the team quit and so did mick. Hate that.

Houston is really good and Davis is a terrific player. Hard not to see how special he is.

Brooks played terrific. I don’t know why we didn’t feed him more in the second. I know theyvstarted to double, but that frees people up. It is frustrating how mnaubwasy shots good teams get against us and how much we struggle.

Over achieved? Perhaps. We will see if they wish to step up and fix this mess or if they are going to lay down and have no shot at winning in the NCAA tournament. The quit I watched today was embarrassing.
cincycpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 03:01 PM   #143
Bearcats92

Bearcats92 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cliftonballer View Post
I am, too. That's why I'm concerned. Penny has a monster class coming in. His team of Tubby and Pastner leftovers gave us all we could handle. Hurley is a maniac and his energy and passion is unmatched. His skeleton crew Uconn team gave us fits. He will recruit and have Uconn back quick I believe. Dawkins teams have given us fits he's trending in right direction. Sampson can flat out coach and put teams together. And his team just smoked us. Gregg Marshall same way. I'm happy for the league but am VERY concerned for us when recruiting and excitement has stagnated. I hope I am wrong and it elevates Cronin's coaching and recruiting but we are really going to see what he's made of the next couple years.
Exactly what I said earlier. I’m excited that the American is getting better but we might see Mick go from being the second or third best coach in the conference to fifth best.
Bearcats92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 03:05 PM   #144
AZ BEARCAT
Elite Member

AZ BEARCAT is on a distinguished road
Quote:
GREAT POST !! agree 100% if this league is as well coached and recruited as these great coaches can, then we all will find out real soon if Cronin can stay on top of this league with no recruiting excuses. Until then go CATS !!
AZ BEARCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 03:06 PM   #145
AZ BEARCAT
Elite Member

AZ BEARCAT is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcats92 View Post
Exactly what I said earlier. I’m excited that the American is getting better but we might see Mick go from being the second or third best coach in the conference to fifth best.
Agree !!!!
AZ BEARCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 03:41 PM   #146
HarryBosch

HarryBosch is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ BEARCAT View Post
If this league is as bad as you think it is then yes we have a problem.
I didn't say I thought the AAC was so bad, I'm saying UC was lucky to do as well as they did. Their luck certainly ran out today. and reality reared its ugly head.
HarryBosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 04:07 PM   #147
Mcginnjw
Epic Member

Mcginnjw is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I absolutely agree with this post. I am also concerned about how good this league is getting and our recruiting struggles. I think the 2020 class will dictate the future of this program under Cronin. I 100% agree that if Cronin can’t pull off a stellar class in 2020 he will likely be unable to compete and probably be inevitably let go. We will probably start losing a lot more and not be able to get to the tournament. If we aren’t winning, competing for conference titles, and making the tournament then I will want a new coach. However, that is all hypothetical at this point.....but still concerning.
Mcginnjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 04:22 PM   #148
collards

collards is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcginnjw View Post
I absolutely agree with this post. I am also concerned about how good this league is getting and our recruiting struggles. I think the 2020 class will dictate the future of this program under Cronin. I 100% agree that if Cronin can’t pull off a stellar class in 2020 he will likely be unable to compete and probably be inevitably let go. We will probably start losing a lot more and not be able to get to the tournament. If we aren’t winning, competing for conference titles, and making the tournament then I will want a new coach. However, that is all hypothetical at this point.....but still concerning.
Well they will never get in the tournament by quitting as they did today. MC should be called into the ADs office tomorrow with the Head of the UCATS there.
collards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 04:44 PM   #149
david aka the TYZ
Epic Member

david aka the TYZ will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryBosch View Post
How do you think this top 20 team would do in the ACC, or the Big 10, or the Big 12? Not 25-5 I suspect.
If we were recruiting players to play in the ACC, Big 10 or Big 12 over time I'm sure we'd fare just as well. It goes both ways.
david aka the TYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 05:00 PM   #150
david aka the TYZ
Epic Member

david aka the TYZ will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uclawrugby View Post
Amen. Cronin harps on this and to his credit he lives it. That said he is not above reproach and accepting virtually no runs in the tournament is a big trade off. I am willing to accept it but think his good quality of loyaltiy became a liability this year with Jennifer.
Get over your obsession with Logan Johnson and bashing of Justin Jenifer. Jenifer plays well in Cronins system and when its Logans turn I think we all assume he will too. As it stands now Logan is an athletic spark to the defense and nothing else. He gets completely lost in our system on defense leaving his man (aka open shots), makes lazy, telegraphed passes and cant shoot. Playing against directional schools in November would not have changed this. Jenifer isnt an all-American and he had a bad day today but he plays hard and shoots well and doesnt turn the ball over. In two years as a starter he led the team to a 56-10 record. Also if Logan Johnson chooses to transfer like you naively keep saying then I say good riddance because he isn't the type of player we need or want on this team if he were to do that. Truth is there is no merit to your statements. Johnson was interviewed recently and it was pretty clear he was happy here and understood his role and how he had to wait and learn to play.

This board over the years has lost plenty of good, rational posters over this boards obsession from time to time to Mick bash and player bash. Whereas a fan board should be open to all opinions and honest critiques of players and coaches, there also is a lost notion that fans of a team dont want to come onto a safe space to discuss a team they love and have to read negative after negative reviews of the team they love so dear. Put me squarely in that circle. I love this team and have been on this board since its inception in 2010. But I dont come here to listen to people bash players and the coach and that is why so many people leave the site year after year. I understand being frustrated at losing. We got embarrassed on our own floor today. We probably wont make it out of the first weekend of the tourney yet again. There is a clear hole in this team that wont be corrected in the next two weeks, it just wont. Do we need to constantly harp on the negative or can we appreciate what is going right? Rant over

Last edited by david aka the TYZ; 03-10-2019 at 05:40 PM.
david aka the TYZ is offline   Reply With Quote