Queens_NYC
Epic Member

Queens_NYC is on a distinguished road
Memphis Part II

Tuesday, February 15th, 2022
7:00 PM
Fifth Third Arena
ESPN+

The Tigers' (14-8, 8-4 AAC, NET #44, KenPom #39) trip to Cincinnati marks the first of 3 consecutive home games for the Bearcats that will be played out over the next 6 days.

Memphis enters tonight's contest as the hottest team in the league having won 5 straight games - most notably a 69-59 upset at Houston over the weekend that snapped a 37-game home winning streak for the Cougars.

UC is expected to see a few new faces who didn't feature in their first match-up in Memphis, such as 3rd year 6'9 F Deandre Williams (11.2 ppg, 5.5 rpg) and 4th year 6'0 PG Alex Lomax (6.1 ppg, 3.1 rpg, 3.5 apg). The status of star freshman forward Emoni Bates is still uncertain after he has missed the Tigers' past 3 games.

The Bearcats are 3-point underdogs on their home court.
Queens_NYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2022, 12:20 PM   #2
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queens_NYC View Post
Tuesday, February 15th, 2022
7:00 PM
Fifth Third Arena
ESPN+

The Tigers' (14-8, 8-4 AAC, NET #44, KenPom #39) trip to Cincinnati marks the first of 3 consecutive home games for the Bearcats that will be played out over the next 6 days.

Memphis enters tonight's contest as the hottest team in the league having won 5 straight games - most notably a 69-59 upset at Houston over the weekend that snapped a 37-game home winning streak for the Cougars.

UC is expected to see a few new faces who didn't feature in their first match-up in Memphis, such as 3rd year 6'9 F Deandre Williams (11.2 ppg, 5.5 rpg) and 4th year 6'0 PG Alex Lomax (6.1 ppg, 3.1 rpg, 3.5 apg). The status of star freshman forward Emoni Bates is still uncertain after he has missed the Tigers' past 3 games.

The Bearcats are 3-point underdogs on their home court.
I have a very good feeling about tonight. After a very bad feeling going to Tulsa. We will see tonight if we are going to cave or keep digging in like we have all season. Let's see if Wes still has the locker room sold on never giving up. I don't think it's time just yet to put younger guys in for more minutes. But if we lose tonight then I think we can play the season out trying to get some back of bench evaluation.

I would really like to put another loss on Penny...in a hard way
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2022, 04:45 PM   #3
Queens_NYC
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
I have a very good feeling about tonight. After a very bad feeling going to Tulsa. We will see tonight if we are going to cave or keep digging in like we have all season. Let's see if Wes still has the locker room sold on never giving up. I don't think it's time just yet to put younger guys in for more minutes. But if we lose tonight then I think we can play the season out trying to get some back of bench evaluation.

I would really like to put another loss on Penny...in a hard way
I didn't have a good feeling about tonight, then I looked at how we've responded after our last 4 losses (all conference losses)

SMU - up 17 at halftime(after losing to Tulane)
ECU - up 20 at halftime (after losing @ Memphis)
@ECU - up 6 at halftime (after losing @ Temple)
@USF - up 9 at halftime (after losing to Houston)

Granted, 3 of those 4 games were against mediocre teams, I hope we do continue the trend of starting off strongly following a loss.

I do worry about how we will finish though.
Old 02-15-2022, 06:37 PM   #4
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Quote:
I didn't have a good feeling about tonight, then I looked at how we've responded after our last 4 losses (all conference losses)

SMU - up 17 at halftime(after losing to Tulane)
ECU - up 20 at halftime (after losing @ Memphis)
@ECU - up 6 at halftime (after losing @ Temple)
@USF - up 9 at halftime (after losing to Houston)

Granted, 3 of those 4 games were against mediocre teams, I hope we do continue the trend of starting off strongly following a loss.

I do worry about how we will finish though.
My good feeling is subsiding
Old 02-15-2022, 06:41 PM   #5
Queens_NYC
Epic Member

We're completely outmatched in every facet of the game and Penny's game plan is absolutely curb stomping whatever Wes had planned for us.
Old 02-15-2022, 06:52 PM   #6
Bcatfollower
Epic Member

Bcatfollower is on a distinguished road
Quote:
We're completely outmatched in every facet of the game and Penny's game plan is absolutely curb stomping whatever Wes had planned for us.
I’m not sure Wes ever has a plan other than how much gum he is gonna chew. Total disaster of a coach.
Bcatfollower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2022, 06:56 PM   #7
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Quote:
That trap with long players is a killer. I hope we are headed in that direction
Old 02-15-2022, 07:05 PM   #8
Bcatfollower
Epic Member

Is 10% from 3 a new record?
Old 02-15-2022, 07:46 PM   #9
Bcatfollower
Epic Member

So many wasted possessions due to terrible shots
Old 02-15-2022, 08:42 PM   #10
sedziobs
Senior Moderator

sedziobs is on a distinguished road
I thought we played ok in this one. Our three point shooting was bad and Memphis shot it well from three. If I had known that going in, I would have assumed it would be a blowout. But we outrebounded them and fought hard in the post. Davenport was especially active on the boards. Committing 11 turnovers and giving up only 5 offensive rebounds against Memphis is pretty good.
sedziobs is offline   Reply With Quote