Cougars by 1-4 points 0 0%
Cougars by 5+ points 2 18.18%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-10-2019, 02:09 PM   #131
cliftonballer

cliftonballer is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcginnjw View Post
Real fans? I am an alumni, haven’t missed a game in 26 years, and financially contribute to the program. I am absolutely happy with Cronin’s coaching performance. The guy delvelops players, recruits great winners and human beings. While other schools and coaches cater to casual fans to get the big recruit (Will Wade, Sean Miller, etc....)Cronin keeps winning, getting to the tournament, graduating players, and giving us something to root for in March.

I hope Cronin doesn’t start following the way a lot of these coaches are getting talent. The university and program reputation is more important than the “real fans” who need a march run to show up or watch the games.
What's that "something" you're rooting for in March? How's that working out for you buddy? And you were happy with today's coaching performance on national TV against good competition?
cliftonballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 02:13 PM   #132
HarryBosch

HarryBosch is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Top 20 is mediocre? 25-5 is mediocre? 9 straight tournaments is mediocre? 68% winning percentage is mediocre? #2 seed in the conference tournament is mediocre?
How do you think this top 20 team would do in the ACC, or the Big 10, or the Big 12? Not 25-5 I suspect.
HarryBosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 02:13 PM   #133
AZ BEARCAT
Elite Member

AZ BEARCAT is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cliftonballer View Post
What's that "something" you're rooting for in March? How's that working out for you buddy? And you were happy with today's coaching performance on national TV against good competition?
March is not over yet. So who would you like him to root for ?
AZ BEARCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 02:15 PM   #134
Uclawrugby

Uclawrugby is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Real fans? I am an alumni, haven’t missed a game in 26 years, and financially contribute to the program. I am absolutely happy with Cronin’s coaching performance. The guy delvelops players, recruits great winners and human beings. While other schools and coaches cater to casual fans to get the big recruit (Will Wade, Sean Miller, etc....)Cronin keeps winning, getting to the tournament, graduating players, and giving us something to root for in March.

I hope Cronin doesn’t start following the way a lot of these coaches are getting talent. The university and program reputation is more important than the “real fans” who need a march run to show up or watch the games.
Amen. Cronin harps on this and to his credit he lives it. That said he is not above reproach and accepting virtually no runs in the tournament is a big trade off. I am willing to accept it but think his good quality of loyaltiy became a liability this year with Jennifer.
Uclawrugby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 02:15 PM   #135
AZ BEARCAT
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryBosch View Post
How do you think this top 20 team would do in the ACC, or the Big 10, or the Big 12? Not 25-5 I suspect.
this league is very good. well coached. do not care about ratings
Old 03-10-2019, 02:22 PM   #136
cliftonballer

cliftonballer is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ BEARCAT View Post
March is not over yet. So who would you like him to root for ?
He doesn't care about winning in the big dance so why does it matter who he's rooting for it's meaningless to him. I do care more than Fool's Gold regular seasons. So that's the difference between myself and you all.
cliftonballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 02:26 PM   #137
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
Kind of a disappointing reality check. I think we have over achieved on the season... with that being said, what a let down game.

Nysier played great. Jarron played solid. Everyone else kind laid an egg.

Not sure I've seen a more dominant 8 minute stretch. Up six at the 13 min mark and just got hammered in every aspect of the game.

O and Houston / Corey Davis jr .... Really good.
TheLivingLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 02:28 PM   #138
AZ BEARCAT
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliftonballer View Post
He doesn't care about winning in the big dance so why does it matter who he's rooting for it's meaningless to him. I do care more than Fool's Gold regular seasons. So that's the difference between myself and you all.
We were both rooting for the same team today. Sure WE both did not like the results of the game. I am really pulling for the American. This league is going to be very good.
Old 03-10-2019, 02:33 PM   #139
AZ BEARCAT
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryBosch View Post
If this league is as bad as you think it is then yes we have a problem.
Old 03-10-2019, 02:41 PM   #140
Bcatfollower
Epic Member

Bcatfollower is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Rycek View Post
We shoot 72% as a team at the foul line. 11th best out of the top 25 teams
We are only 7th in our conference in ft% and 10th out of 12 for fg%.

231 nationally out of 351 in fg%.

Pretty poor.
Bcatfollower is offline   Reply With Quote