Cougars by 1-4 points 0 0%
Cougars by 5+ points 2 18.18%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-10-2019, 01:24 PM   #101
Quadri's #1 fan

Quadri's #1 fan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uclawrugby View Post
Houston has some class same with Kelvin Sampson. Let’s make sure we get in the tournament and leave it at that. Maybe LoJo will be back and we’ll have something to look forward to next year.
Is Logan Johnson going on vacation next year?
Quadri's #1 fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 01:24 PM   #102
Mcginnjw
Epic Member

Mcginnjw is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queens_NYC View Post
Without a doubt the AAC POY.
Yeah, he is probably the most underrated in America. When Brooks, Hinton, and Jerreau are knocking down threes they are impossible to beat. Davis is so good at breaking down the D with his penetration that he is either getting a lay up, ft’s, or assist from 3. On top of it all they can rebound! They can seriously go to the final 4.
Mcginnjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 01:24 PM   #103
Bcatfollower
Epic Member

Bcatfollower is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Rycek View Post
We have two of the top five best 3 pt shooters in uc history. What are you talking about
We also have scott, mamadou, broome and frericks jacking up threes and long 2s. So two guys that can shoot and 10 that can't? Also it's not only threes... foul shots too.
Bcatfollower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 01:25 PM   #104
Bcatfollower
Epic Member

Bcatfollower is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcginnjw View Post
Yeah, he is probably the most underrated in America. When Brooks, Hinton, and Jerreau are knocking down threes they are impossible to beat. Davis is so good at breaking down the D with his penetration that he is either getting a lay up, ft’s, or assist from 3. On top of it all they can rebound! They can seriously go to the final 4.
Davis also pushes off every step back... but if they aren't calling it then its awesome.
Bcatfollower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 01:30 PM   #105
Mcginnjw
Epic Member

I love that today is the busiest it has been all year on this site. All the Cronin haters finally had a reason to bitch this year.
Old 03-10-2019, 01:32 PM   #106
TheRealUC
Elite Member

TheRealUC is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcats92 View Post
Everyone saying Cronin is a great coach because this team did better than expected is a terrible cop out for Cronus. He has been here for 14 years. If you are a good coach you shouldn’t have down years. A team like UC should always make the tournament. Cronins recruiting has gotten worse. I’m afraid we will end up at the bottom of the American with Houston Memphis and UConn all with great coaches and getting better. Not to mention you know Marshall will have Wichita State back in no time
Heeeeere we go...not even gonna respond to this trash but I'm not sure to see it. Anyway, Houston is simply better, full stop. JJ is suddenly back to the player he was for the last 3 years, a borderline liability. And as long as teams are successful in putting all their attention on Cumby, it's gonna be a quick exit in March. Still proud of this team and this season far exceeded my expectations.
TheRealUC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 01:33 PM   #107
Mcginnjw
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcatfollower View Post
Davis also pushes off every step back... but if they aren't calling it then its awesome.
I agree, but unfortunately the refs don’t crack down on the step back crap. A lot of step backs are either a travel or push off. Davis definitely pushed off a ton today.
Old 03-10-2019, 01:33 PM   #108
Bearcats92

Bearcats92 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcginnjw View Post
I love that today is the busiest it has been all year on this site. All the Cronin haters finally had a reason to bitch this year.
Cronin haters aren’t satisfied with mediocre what’s wrong with that?
Bearcats92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 01:36 PM   #109
Uclawrugby

Uclawrugby is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadri's #1 fan View Post
Is Logan Johnson going on vacation next year?
Don’t know if you heard it but Cronin was bemoaning kids who transfer and don’t wait their turn in his presser the other day. Let’s hope it was not a forecast.
Uclawrugby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 01:36 PM   #110
cliftonballer

cliftonballer is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcats92 View Post
Everyone saying Cronin is a great coach because this team did better than expected is a terrible cop out for Cronus. He has been here for 14 years. If you are a good coach you shouldn’t have down years. A team like UC should always make the tournament. Cronins recruiting has gotten worse. I’m afraid we will end up at the bottom of the American with Houston Memphis and UConn all with great coaches and getting better. Not to mention you know Marshall will have Wichita State back in no time
I totally agree. It's troublesome that this team isn't that much different from Cronin's best team ever last year. Honestly, I'd rather not make the tournament every year and do nothing then have a down year or two and maybe Cronin forced to change things up and we breakout and do something for a change. Cronin lives and dies by the sword. The man absolutely refuses to do anything creative or new with his coaching philosophy. It doesn't matter the players much. Speaking of players we just spent 90 million renovating a beautiful arena and recruiting is still mediocre. How in the hell is that acceptable? Hurley, Penny, Kelvin, Dawkins are building. We are clinging to dear life. Hurleys a jerk but a coach you want on your team. Did you see his energy compared to the funeral director Cronin? I don't see how fans can be optimistic about what we have coming back next year when Cronin's 14 year track record proves that it doesn't matter what he has coming back ever the results will be consistently the same.
cliftonballer is offline   Reply With Quote