Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 12-12-2018, 07:46 AM   #1
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Future teams

Cats look to be in good shape moving forward.

Bigs:

Brooks for another year
Diarra 3 more years
Elle 2 more years

PG:

Logan 3 more years

Wings:

Cumberland 1 year
Williams 2 more years
Scott 1 more year
Moore 2 more years
Frederickson 1 more year.
Prince 4 more years
Hardnett???

In coming

Curtis wing

Feel free to correct any errors I may have made.

I like how things shape up over the next couple of years. Looking at the improvement Williams made and the Potential of Logan added to all we have returning and the team should be very solid going forward. Next year we lose JJ and Broome. But if Loagn and Curtis replace them and Moore steps up we should be fine.

Anyone have a opinion on Cumberland leaving early? I think he will stay his last year.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 07:59 AM   #2
GarradJ21
Epic Member

GarradJ21 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post

Bigs:

Brooks for another year
Diarra 3 more years
Elle 2 more years

PG:

Logan 3 more years

Wings:

Cumberland 1 year
Williams 2 more years
Scott 1 more year
Moore 2 more years
Prince 4 more years
Hardnett???

In coming

Curtis wing

I like how things shape up over the next couple of years. Looking at the improvement Williams made and the Potential of Logan added to all we have returning and the team should be very solid going forward. Next year we lose JJ and Broome. But if Loagn and Curtis replace them and Moore steps up we should be fine.

Anyone have a opinion on Cumberland leaving early? I think he will stay his last year.
He def. needs to stay his senior year IMO. He will get so much hype next year and I don't think he's fully ready for the NBA. He shouldn't hurt his chances by leaving too early. Jake had the natural athleticism for the NBA.

As long as his family and people around him convince him to stay. That's what worries me the most is the influences from family & friends.

That being said, he could always average 20+ a game from now until the end of the season and lead us to an elite 8 or better and get a lot of hype that way as well. I'd be ok with that.
GarradJ21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 08:13 AM   #3
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarradJ21 View Post
He def. needs to stay his senior year IMO. He will get so much hype next year and I don't think he's fully ready for the NBA. He shouldn't hurt his chances by leaving too early. Jake had the natural athleticism for the NBA.

As long as his family and people around him convince him to stay. That's what worries me the most is the influences from family & friends.

That being said, he could always average 20+ a game from now until the end of the season and lead us to an elite 8 or better and get a lot of hype that way as well. I'd be ok with that.
yes if he plays himself into a first round draft choice that would make me happy as ell.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 12:45 PM   #4
Patrick Bateman
Epic Member

Patrick Bateman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
yes if he plays himself into a first round draft choice that would make me happy as ell.
Recently the first round of the NBA draft is not kind to seniors, was one main reason Jake left and will be reason JC tests this year
Old 12-12-2018, 09:55 AM   #5
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:

he'll have to get there with offense. if it was just offense for Jake he'd still be here.

but Kaiser Gates went pro last year, so i mean who has any idea really.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 11:29 AM   #6
TheShoeFits

TheShoeFits will become famous soon enough
Quote:

Bigs:

Brooks for another year
Diarra 3 more years
Elle 2 more years

PG:

Logan 3 more years

Wings:

Cumberland 1 year
Williams 2 more years
Scott 1 more year
Moore 2 more years
Prince 4 more years
Hardnett???

In coming

Curtis wing

If there is ever a time for Mick to bring in a Grad transfer point guard its next season.

Not to say Logon or Jarron couldn't handle the duties because they've both shown in my opinion that they're more than capable but we are losing a lot of ball handling with Jenifer and Cane graduating.

I'd just like to have a pure PG on the roster along with Logan with some experience for insurance purposes.

To help soften the blow in case of foul trouble or an injury.
TheShoeFits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 12:33 PM   #7
Helicopter

Helicopter is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Bigs:

Brooks for another year
Diarra 3 more years
Elle 2 more years

PG:

Logan 3 more years

Wings:

Cumberland 1 year
Williams 2 more years
Scott 1 more year
Moore 2 more years
Prince 4 more years
Hardnett???

In coming

Curtis wing

This is how you maintain success. I just wish we could mix in a one and done talent every other year.
Helicopter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 02:06 PM   #8
cincycpaw
Epic Member

cincycpaw will become famous soon enough
Unsure if we'd have any shot at all...but this kid would seem like a great get as a transfer.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...n-transferring
cincycpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 04:07 PM   #9
Robert
Elite Member

Robert is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincycpaw View Post
Unsure if we'd have any shot at all...but this kid would seem like a great get as a transfer.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...n-transferring
Would he have to sit out all of next year, or could he start playing in games in December since he transferred early? If we could have him eligible for conference play, he would be a huge pickup considering right now we only have one "true" point guard on the roster next season.
Robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 04:43 PM   #10
AZ BEARCAT
Elite Member

AZ BEARCAT is on a distinguished road
11- 2

HAPPY NEW YEARS BEARCAT NATION ! DID YOU EVER THINK OUR BB AND FB WOULD BE 11-2.
AZ BEARCAT is offline   Reply With Quote