Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 11-14-2017, 04:08 PM   #101
jtsladder@aol.com

jtsladder@aol.com is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCBearcats View Post
I predict that Keith Williams play will ultimately prove to be a drop off from the play of Evans and Cumberland. There's nothing pessimistic about it, just realistic.

I'm just trying to avoid setting the bar unrealistically high and jumping to conclusions like I see happen here all the time.

I've also already stated my predictions so they're on the appropriate threads if you'd like to research them.
Definitely not as good 3 point shooter, but as good at everything else.
jtsladder@aol.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 04:09 PM   #102
Patrick Bateman
Epic Member

Patrick Bateman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonS View Post
Keith Williams is the first Bearcats freshman to score at least 10 points in his first two games since SK. Not saying he is going to be as good as SK but he is much more polished at a younger age than SK was. He is just as slick finishing at the rim as SK. These are things to be excited about people.
SK's first game as a cat

24 mins went 3-6 from 3, 6-7 from FT, 3 rebs, 2 steals, 21 total points

2nd Game: 23 minutes, 3-4 from 2, 2-5 from deep, 4 rebounds, 13 points

In his next 3 games, scored 13 points total, then erupted for season high 26 in his 6th game vs Wright State

KW first game
15 mins, 5-12, 0-4 from 3, 5 rebounds, 10 points

2nd game
19 mins, 5-7 from field, 0-2 from 3, 1 rebound, 10 points

Not sure KW is more polished.

Last edited by Patrick Bateman; 11-14-2017 at 04:13 PM.
Patrick Bateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 04:21 PM   #103
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCBearcats View Post
I predict that Keith Williams play will ultimately prove to be a drop off from the play of Evans and Cumberland. There's nothing pessimistic about it, just realistic.

I'm just trying to avoid setting the bar unrealistically high and jumping to conclusions like I see happen here all the time.

I've also already stated my predictions so they're on the appropriate threads if you'd like to research them.
I guess it doesn't matter. I know these things to be true. KW can get to the rim better than JE and most (if not all) wings in the Cronin era. I don't care about the competition...if Keith can do it and Evans can't... I don't need to know how much better or worse that looks against a top 10 team.

Trevor can make a 3. Ellie can rebound and move well for a big.

I'm not predicting their scoring or minutes...just that they can do these things. I don't need to see any more of KW to know he is better than Shaq or KJ at getting in the lane and/or finishing. It can be against the sisters of the poor or duke.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 04:28 PM   #104
AZ BEARCAT
Elite Member

AZ BEARCAT is on a distinguished road
Really can not compare stats because this is a different team . I think it is a more balanced team 1-12
AZ BEARCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 04:30 PM   #105
UCBearcats
Banned

UCBearcats is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
I guess it doesn't matter. I know these things to be true. KW can get to the rim better than JE and most (if not all) wings in the Cronin era. I don't care about the competition...if Keith can do it and Evans can't... I don't need to know how much better or worse that looks against a top 10 team.

Trevor can make a 3. Ellie can rebound and move well for a big.

I'm not predicting their scoring or minutes...just that they can do these things. I don't need to see any more of KW to know he is better than Shaq or KJ at getting in the lane and/or finishing. It can be against the sisters of the poor or duke.
KW does appear to be pretty adept at getting to the rim, but that wasn't the statement. The statement was that KW being on the floor isn't a drop off from the play of Cumberland or Evans.

It's all opinions anyways so whatever floats your boat, if you think that KW is already as good as Cumberland or Evans then I hope you're right. If that's the case we're gong to be even harder to beat.
UCBearcats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 05:07 PM   #106
GuyfromNKY

GuyfromNKY is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
SK's first game as a cat

24 mins went 3-6 from 3, 6-7 from FT, 3 rebs, 2 steals, 21 total points

2nd Game: 23 minutes, 3-4 from 2, 2-5 from deep, 4 rebounds, 13 points

In his next 3 games, scored 13 points total, then erupted for season high 26 in his 6th game vs Wright State

KW first game
15 mins, 5-12, 0-4 from 3, 5 rebounds, 10 points

2nd game
19 mins, 5-7 from field, 0-2 from 3, 1 rebound, 10 points

Not sure KW is more polished.
I'm going to have to second this. And I want to say, Keith is going to be a hell of a player and I hope he has a similar trajectory as Cumberland did last year but the "much more polished than SK" and "no drop off from Cumberland to Evans" takes are way to hot. SK shot 38% from 3 his freshman year. I honestly don't think Keith will sniff that. Also, Cumberland and Evans are experienced players in Mick's system, who are proven defenders, shooters and drivers. There is no way Mick will trust Keith near as much as either of those two at any point this year.

Mick had a great point in the post game on 700 last night. He said something along the lines of "of course we have depth at this point of the year but depth is when you are in a position with the game on the line, who do you trust not to turn it over, to get the shot you want and to defend." I hope Keith gets there but I believe it is going to take the majority of the non conference if not more.
GuyfromNKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 05:32 PM   #107
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Jon Rycek is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
Clemson put up 85 against WCU and doubled WCU's rebounding total and shot 52% from field and had 21 assists. WCU was picked 8th in their league. Savannah state lost to ETSU, who in turn has lost to NKU. Basically, the teams UC is playing they are beating them how they should. These are formal exhibition games and Cronin is treating as such, getting bench players minutes and letting some of them start. Huggins once told Hicks that everyone looks good against these teams. Sure, UC looks deep and tough against the southern conference doldrums but they should. UC is top 20 and these teams are sub300. The only real thing that anyone can take away is nobody got injured, traffic is horrible getting in and out and the band is rowdier taunting the opposing team.
Compare these to games in he past though. You don't have to be so pessimistic.
Jon Rycek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 05:34 PM   #108
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Jon Rycek is on a distinguished road
I swear we could sweep through Florida Xavier and ICLA and people will still be like wel it wasn't Duke Michigan St and Kansas. Like just be happy, our team is great this year, our basketball program is continuously getting better, there's no denying these things. Sit back and enjoy the show.
Jon Rycek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 06:11 PM   #109
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Rycek View Post
I swear we could sweep through Florida Xavier and ICLA and people will still be like wel it wasn't Duke Michigan St and Kansas. Like just be happy, our team is great this year, our basketball program is continuously getting better, there's no denying these things. Sit back and enjoy the show.
You always think people are complaining or blasting the team. No one is complaining, just talking about the team. We all want the team to win
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 06:44 PM   #110
jtsladder@aol.com

jtsladder@aol.com is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
You always think people are complaining or blasting the team. No one is complaining, just talking about the team. We all want the team to win
Funny. I was thinking yesterday I missed some of the other voices that used to be on here. Too positive here lol.
jtsladder@aol.com is offline   Reply With Quote