Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 04-18-2018, 04:30 PM   #81
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
agree, you would think he tries something different but i have my doubts
Yeah me too. I honestly doubt he's ever even entertained the idea of shaking up the staff. Now would be the time to do it. As this recruiting class wraps up and we move to 2019 guys and beyond.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 09:45 PM   #82
ZCat
Elite Member

ZCat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcatboy View Post
And hes saying the donors donated the money for the new arena, if it was for the coaches they wouldn’t have donated the money
This is what kills me. Now you’re siding with Chad LOL? What happened to your guys’ feud?

I got it I got it. But didnt he raise like $1.4 million or something through private donations for the locker rooms? You’re really telling me we couldn’t raise a couple hundred thousand dollars for assistant coaches? I get it I get it that $$ was earmarked for the arena. Well earmark some money for the assistant coaches. Honestly what’s more important. An $85 million arena and plenty of money for assistant coaches? Or $90M arena?

And according to what Jacob put out, our assistant coaches are not underpaid so My whole premise was wrong I guess. Possibly under performing but not underpaid. Maybe there should be a thread asking who should be our next assistant coach LOL?

I hope we would never have to let anybody go. But we got to figure out some way to get better recruits. Either arena bump. Deep tournament run. Change in philosophy. What’s it going to be? Chad what do you think about the state of our team?
ZCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 10:24 PM   #83
ZCat
Elite Member

OK I’m behind on This thread. I can just wait about basketball day long guys. I have to work. Well according to Chad, we’ do need more $ for assistant coaches.

I definitely respect that Mick divvied up his end of season bonuses to his assistant coaches. Love that!
Old 04-18-2018, 10:27 PM   #84
ZCat
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
This is a competitive, cut throat business. We can't eliminate that element from our program for the sake of loyalty and personal relationships.
Umm. This is a tough one. I definitely love the relationships and being classy. We can be professional and handle things in a professional way. Really don’t want anybody fired. Is there a limit on how many coaches we can have? Would be nice if one of these guys got a promotion. It leaves a clear opening for a better recruiter.
Old 04-26-2018, 01:18 PM   #85
Nayers

Nayers is on a distinguished road
savino promoted to co-associate head coach. Is that normal to have two associate head coaches?
Nayers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 01:34 PM   #86
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayers View Post
savino promoted to co-associate head coach. Is that normal to have two associate head coaches?
Not sure. Maybe it gets him a little pay bump or something? Either way, well deserved.
Old 04-26-2018, 01:36 PM   #87
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...ach/554575002/
Old 05-11-2018, 11:42 AM   #88
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helicopter View Post
They won't land Brown and they will lose 3-4 of their best players. I will eat my hat if they are even preseason top 25.
Get ready to eat your hat.
Old 05-15-2018, 09:50 AM   #89
Helicopter

Helicopter is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helicopter View Post
They won't land Brown and they will lose 3-4 of their best players. I will eat my hat if they are even preseason top 25.
Blowing up my own stuff here. I was wrong.
Helicopter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 09:50 AM   #90
Helicopter

Helicopter is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
Get ready to eat your hat.
Haha, I just saw this.
Helicopter is offline   Reply With Quote