Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > 2019 Recruiting Profiles

Old 04-10-2018, 11:45 AM   #221
M64W

M64W is on a distinguished road
Mick's reputation precedes him. Anyone who is somewhat close to the program will avoid Mick. Like I said before, Mick strolls in with a 3-piece suit on and looks like a little kid all dressed up, all pasty looking is not very impressive to many kids. His star is starting to dim.
M64W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 12:17 PM   #222
Bearcat513
Elite Member

Bearcat513 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by M64W View Post
Mick's reputation precedes him. Anyone who is somewhat close to the program will avoid Mick. Like I said before, Mick strolls in with a 3-piece suit on and looks like a little kid all dressed up, all pasty looking is not very impressive to many kids. His star is starting to dim.
You think high school kids play for coaches who are attractive...?
Bearcat513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 12:25 PM   #223
GarradJ21
Epic Member

GarradJ21 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat513 View Post
Hahahahahahahahahah
GarradJ21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 12:27 PM   #224
M64W

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat513 View Post
No! I don't think they are impressed with a cartoon caricature. I think when a man with a certain stature walks in, it tends to get their attention. Who would get your attention--Huggins or Mick?
Old 04-10-2018, 12:56 PM   #225
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
No! I don't think they are impressed with a cartoon caricature. I think when a man with a certain stature walks in, it tends to get their attention. Who would get your attention--Huggins or Mick?
My attention would be drawn to Huggins and the fact that he could keel over any second. Sounds morbid. But that's not a healthy man.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 12:57 PM   #226
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Unless you are a former NBA player, I don't think it matters to recruits. I don't know though.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 01:10 PM   #227
GarradJ21
Epic Member

GarradJ21 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
Unless you are a former NBA player, I don't think it matters to recruits. I don't know though.
I agree. I mean Calapari for a non-NBA coach has a smooth way about him, so some of these coaches that come in probably can click with the recruits better. But I mean You take Mick, WSU coach and IDK Dan Hurley I don't think any of them have much of a swag and many of the coaches fall into this category.
GarradJ21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 01:29 PM   #228
M64W

The whole ball of wax comes down to the following: The Conference you're in; your facilities; your head coach. The conference is football driven. Therefore, all resources need to be put into getting into a Power 5 Conference. If you want to be with the Big Boys, you have to act like one. UC offers a bare minimum of sports, not having fast pitch softball, wrestling, ice hockey, and others. There are some big money people in Cincinnati, who need to get behind the city's team. Bottom line---not a Power Conference--UC will be AVERAGE at best.
Old 04-10-2018, 01:46 PM   #229
ME80

ME80 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
The whole ball of wax comes down to the following: The Conference you're in; your facilities; your head coach. The conference is football driven. Therefore, all resources need to be put into getting into a Power 5 Conference. If you want to be with the Big Boys, you have to act like one. UC offers a bare minimum of sports, not having fast pitch softball, wrestling, ice hockey, and others. There are some big money people in Cincinnati, who need to get behind the city's team. Bottom line---not a Power Conference--UC will be AVERAGE at best.
So for one that has been totally in favor of getting rid of Mick you sure are making a lot of excuses for the next coach.
ME80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 02:04 PM   #230
lumberjack

lumberjack has a spectacular aura aboutlumberjack has a spectacular aura about
I guess a legacy doesn't really mean much but I saw his dad shoot it in the opposing basket. We do have that to look forward to next year.