Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 02-25-2021, 10:08 AM   #101
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sedziobs View Post
Agreed. Ideally I would like him to play like that all the time but with a usage rate in the 20-25 range like he did his first 3 years (instead of last night's 38) so he's participating in a fluid offense. Simply eliminating a lot of midrange shots would help.

You can definitely see what brannen prefers to do vs what he's done with Keith and Jarron. Keith and Jarron both needed to have the ball in their hands, they aren't really work without the ball kind of guys.

Vs look at a guy like Mason. Always knows where to be, knows how to move off the ball to get his shot. Davenport does a solid job with it as well. And we know thats what Gabe was brought in to do.

We will see how it goes, but I'd expect a lot less one man dribble shows next year.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 10:11 AM   #102
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
As for Tari, he needs to stay and develop. He has so much to work on and it appears he’s hit that freshman wall. He seems a bit overwhelmed and surprised by the quickness of other bigs. The game is way too fast for him right now.

But I always judge bigs different than guards. Rarely do big guys come in and dominate.

If Tari can remain patient he’s going to be really good. I think you could see a huge jump from one season to the next
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 10:16 AM   #103
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
You can definitely see what brannen prefers to do vs what he's done with Keith and Jarron. Keith and Jarron both needed to have the ball in their hands, they aren't really work without the ball kind of guys.

Vs look at a guy like Mason. Always knows where to be, knows how to move off the ball to get his shot. Davenport does a solid job with it as well. And we know thats what Gabe was brought in to do.

We will see how it goes, but I'd expect a lot less one man dribble shows next year.

The problem is we need a few ball dominant guys on the roster. Because a team like Houston’s entire goal is to take you out of your flow. And same thing will happen in the tourney, your gonna need a killer. This team doesn’t have one but hopefully we can recruit one.

Mason didn’t score in the Houston game til we were down 40.

You need a jarron for times like that.
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 10:16 AM   #104
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
If Tari can remain patient he’s going to be really good. I think you could see a huge jump from one season to the next
He did have a really bad game last night, and he might have looked better this year if we weren't struggling so much. He clearly tries to do way too much out there, but you can see the talent. Once he figures out he can't block every shot, his fouls are going to go down and he's going to get even more boards.

He just really lacks focus at times, and plays nonchalantly too often. I expect that to change with maturity.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 11:48 AM   #105
sedziobs
Senior Moderator

sedziobs is on a distinguished road
We'll need someone who can create with the ball in his hands at times. DeJulius is capable, but his height gets him stuck a lot. Tari could become the guy eventually. Harvey probably would have been next year. Maybe Gabe can. Ideally we bring in a wing to replace that aspect of Keith's game.
sedziobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 05:27 PM   #106
TheRealMick
Elite Member

TheRealMick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
I like your optimism but as optimistic as am I don’t see it now. I like some things I saw today. But only some. It’s gonna take a half a miracle to get into top 25 let alone top 15
Say if you had MAW, Davenport, madsens(2x), all coming off bench that means their replacements were upgrades. The role players on this team kinda set, now we need get some instant starters. If you only have DDJ and Eason lock into starting 5 next year, we can make noise next year.
TheRealMick is offline   Reply With Quote