Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2021, 01:47 PM   #141
skyblade
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 1,384
skyblade is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
I hope. Would love to see him play with some experience and confidence. I just think if you have options close to home, or closer to home, youíll probably lean that way.
He had close to home options last year and chose us. Now his roommate came back (Mikey) and it sounds like Wes is recruiting him hard. I'm optimistic that Eason comes back.

skyblade is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 01:50 PM   #142
skyblade
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 1,384
skyblade is on a distinguished road
For those not really following the twitterverse, both MAW and JD have committed to staying and playing for Miller. No word on DDJ or Lakhin, but I'm guessing DDJ at least will stick around.

Also Mason has given a lot of indications that he is strongly considering a return, but no commitment yet.
skyblade is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 01:55 PM   #143
cincrulz11
Epic Member
 
cincrulz11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 4,287
cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
I haven't seen anything official from JD anywhere, where did he announce he's staying after the coaching change?
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 02:02 PM   #144
waterhead
Senior Moderator
 
waterhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 8,890
waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
I hope. Would love to see him play with some experience and confidence. I just think if you have options close to home, or closer to home, youíll probably lean that way.
I mean Wes is flying to Seattle. I think he is leaning to keep Tari. And I would too. Much easier to convince a recruit who already played for us than getting a new one. I'll take a 50-50 visit over visiting a new recruit that is a 1 in 10 chance. He's got a lot on his plate and Tari is low hanging fruit
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 02:07 PM   #145
waterhead
Senior Moderator
 
waterhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 8,890
waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyblade View Post
For those not really following the twitterverse, both MAW and JD have committed to staying and playing for Miller. No word on DDJ or Lakhin, but I'm guessing DDJ at least will stick around.

Also Mason has given a lot of indications that he is strongly considering a return, but no commitment yet.
DD is not in the same spot as others after having already transferred already. I want him back and everyone else. I'm not sure what Lakhin has to lose either after moving from Russia. Does he want to move again so soon? I think Wes can use him and I would like to see more of his comedy routine. Fantastic and funny stuff and I like his off beat humor a lot!
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 02:21 PM   #146
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Nati
Posts: 3,746
TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
I think tari returning is 50 50 at best. Some big schools after him. His mom likely not thrilled with alot of the comments.

I would be shocked if mason goes elsewhere... There isn't many other options this caliber.
TheLivingLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 02:27 PM   #147
TheRealMick
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 742
TheRealMick is on a distinguished road
If we bring back Tari and Davenport Iíll hope Miller has a ace defense specialist on his staff. If we can get them two up to par along with rim protector our defense will have nice length
TheRealMick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 02:35 PM   #148
skyblade
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 1,384
skyblade is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
I haven't seen anything official from JD anywhere, where did he announce he's staying after the coaching change?
Now I can't find where I saw it, so I may be wrong. Didn't actually see something from JD, just saw someone who said JD was committed to UC. Perhaps they are just going based on prior reports that JD is 100% committed to UC regardless of the coach.
skyblade is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 02:50 PM   #149
skyblade
Elite Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 1,384
skyblade is on a distinguished road
Justin Williams reports the staff pool for Miller is 1.3 million, 150k increase over the pool given to Brannen.

Miller has the money to go get a big time assistant. One of his first big recruiting goals is going to be getting himself a top tier staff.

Last edited by skyblade; 04-16-2021 at 02:53 PM.
skyblade is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 02:52 PM   #150
Lefty
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Posts: 95
Lefty is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
DD is not in the same spot as others after having already transferred already. I want him back and everyone else. I'm not sure what Lakhin has to lose either after moving from Russia. Does he want to move again so soon? I think Wes can use him and I would like to see more of his comedy routine. Fantastic and funny stuff and I like his off beat humor a lot!
Where have you seen his comedy routine & been
able to enjoy his sense of humor ?
Lefty is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd., - All material on this Cincinnati Bearcat discussion forum is strictly for entertainment purposes only. This site and any pages within are in no way affiliated with the University of Cincinnati. Any images, copyrights, or trademarks used on this site are used under the "Fair Use Provision" of the Copyright Act for purposes of comment, criticism, and news reporting.