Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 04-19-2021, 11:40 AM   #191
skyblade
Epic Member

skyblade is on a distinguished road
Mike Jones of Radford took the UNCG job, Mike Roberts was thought to be a top candidate. This substantially increases our chances of getting Mike Roberts. Now he just needs to decide if he'd rather be Assistant AD for basketball administration at IU or Associate HC UC. Associate HC pays better and looks better on a resume, so I'd say our chances are good.
skyblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 11:44 AM   #192
TheRealMick
Elite Member

TheRealMick is on a distinguished road
Get Tari back and all we need is two alpha wings at least 6’6 and two 6’9-6’11 rim protectors with length
TheRealMick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 12:25 PM   #193
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
If he doesn't announce he's coming back today I would start looking for his replacement asap.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 12:55 PM   #194
TheRealMick
Elite Member

TheRealMick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
If he doesn't announce he's coming back today I would start looking for his replacement asap.
Should always be looking to upgrade positions
TheRealMick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 02:55 PM   #195
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealMick View Post
Should always be looking to upgrade positions
Yeah, whether we get tari back or not, we should be looking for good players. None of these guys are good enough where you don’t look for talent to compete with them. And we need so many guys, we should always be looking.
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 03:56 PM   #196
Queens_NYC
Epic Member

Queens_NYC is on a distinguished road
Chris Vogt enters the transfer portal
Queens_NYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 04:08 PM   #197
cincyguy13
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queens_NYC View Post
Chris Vogt enters the transfer portal
I think the guy could be a problem if he went back to nku, or that level. I wish him well, he tried, was put in a bad situation. Shouldn’t ever had to play as much as he did.
Old 04-19-2021, 04:42 PM   #198
skyblade
Epic Member

skyblade is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
I think the guy could be a problem if he went back to nku, or that level. I wish him well, he tried, was put in a bad situation. Shouldn’t ever had to play as much as he did.
Honestly, he might even be able to make it at a higher level if he has a coach who is willing to play at a slow pace and play a lot of zone. I know I hated a lot on Vogt, but you could argue quite a bit of it was Brannen putting him in a position to fail and not Vogt being bad.

That said, I am glad he is transferring. He won't fit Miller's system either, so let's find someone who does.
skyblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 04:55 PM   #199
sedziobs
Senior Moderator

sedziobs is on a distinguished road
Looking at available transfers, Tari has the best block + steal rate and the third best offensive rebounding rate among players with at least 15 mpg. He would be a big loss. Vogt is also top 25 in both categories. It's going to be tough to fill 4-5 frontcourt spots with good players at this stage, even with so many guys in the portal.
sedziobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 05:23 PM   #200
cincyguy13
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedziobs View Post
Looking at available transfers, Tari has the best block + steal rate and the third best offensive rebounding rate among players with at least 15 mpg. He would be a big loss. Vogt is also top 25 in both categories. It's going to be tough to fill 4-5 frontcourt spots with good players at this stage, even with so many guys in the portal.
You’d think, with the minutes we could offer, we’d be able to get a couple front court players that could give us 5 pts and 6 boards a game, and play decent defense.