Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Football > Football Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives > 2012 Recruiting Profiles

Old 04-24-2011, 09:07 PM   #11
CDS86

CDS86 will become famous soon enough
How many spots are open in this class? Glad to have another reason to wear my UC gear around here in Troy!
CDS86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 09:08 PM   #12
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
UC has made it be known to Foster that they prefer him on D.

(Good call guys!)
swg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 09:17 PM   #13
swg
Epic Member

swg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the roughswg is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDS86 View Post
How many spots are open in this class? Glad to have another reason to wear my UC gear around here in Troy!
I've been trying to find that out for months. I've been thinking 18-20, depending upon transfer/grades. Not entirely certain, to be honest.
Old 04-25-2011, 11:28 AM   #14
Lobot

Lobot will become famous soon enough
Foster committed per Scout. Nice little steal.
Old 04-25-2011, 07:13 PM   #15
Little Danny

Little Danny will become famous soon enough
With the ever depleting 2009 class, I have to think there are plenty of spots available. I would not be surprised to see UC take over close to the max in this class.
Little Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 10:18 PM   #16
swg
Epic Member

Possibly.
Depends on how BJ feels about this class as well as next year, as well as who might get invited back as 5th year.
Also, interesting to see if some players get shown the door, or a suggested transfer being in their best interest. Not saying it's his style, but worse things have been done.
Usually get a good feel during end of summer as commits occur and class starts shaping up. Definitely would want to load up on D, btw.
Old 04-26-2011, 08:55 AM   #17
Racinejake

Racinejake will become famous soon enough
Good points. The other thing to consider is this is the time of the year where you start to see more transfers occurring. Guys go through spring practice trying to earn their spot in the rotation and after spring practice find out they maybe aren't going to be in the mix like they thought so they transfer out and get to their new school in time for summer camp (even though they still have to sit out the following year they can still go through a full year's worth of practice in their new system). I wouldn't be surprised if we both lost guys to transfer and picked up a transfer from another program. If there were a quality JC guy (LB or OL) that somehow got eligible late in the process I bet we'd probably take him as well.
Racinejake is offline   Reply With Quote