Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-2021, 07:58 PM   #441
IDC

IDC is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
You didn’t answer the question.

Xavier lost 3 out of its last 4 without its best glue guy and 3 & D player. They were making the tourney until that span.

But Would you swap their roster or keep ours?

I think they have a better roster foundation. I think kunkel will be a bigger factor for them over the next 2 seasons.

If Steele could actually coach, that would be a top 25 team.
What's your fascination with Kunkle. We have Mason who I would take any day over him. Steele may be able to bring in talent but he can't coach. He hasn't had an at large resume in the last 2 years. You pick some weird hills to fight on
IDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2021, 08:25 PM   #442
TheLongHaul
Epic Member

TheLongHaul is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDC View Post
What's your fascination with Kunkle. We have Mason who I would take any day over him. Steele may be able to bring in talent but he can't coach. He hasn't had an at large resume in the last 2 years. You pick some weird hills to fight on
it's weird isn't it? a junior is averaging 1.5 points more than a true freshman who wasn't expected to do anything yet he loves him. i imagine if that same player was on UC doing the same things he'd have a different one.
TheLongHaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 07:35 AM   #443
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDC View Post
Back when Mason had played about 6 minutes on the year I think there was a question posed as to who you would take. JHub was all up in Kunkel's jock.

Also there was a lot of regression talk about MAW at the time by JHub. Most of the fans in here were asking for a little patience since it was a small sample.

Now Mason coming off his best game and MAW has his ORTG above last year. It never gets old watching some of these posts age.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 03:27 PM   #444
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
Back when Mason had played about 6 minutes on the year I think there was a question posed as to who you would take. JHub was all up in Kunkel's jock.

Also there was a lot of regression talk about MAW at the time by JHub. Most of the fans in here were asking for a little patience since it was a small sample.

Now Mason coming off his best game and MAW has his ORTG above last year. It never gets old watching some of these posts age.
Why are you guys obsessed with my takes. I live rent free in peoples heads and I don't even try to.

AT THE TIME I MADE THOSE COMMENTS, VOGT AND MAW HAD REGRESSED SIGNIFICANTLY 60% into the season. I said it could change. IT DID NOT CHANGE FOR VOGT BUT IT DID CHANGE FOR MAW.

I have no idea what is so hard to understand about that? According to you, we can only make takes at the end of the season. Its not true. Im making takes about A MOMENT IN TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!

Not about his overall career arch.

At the moment In time, UC sucked really bad and MAW and VOGT Regressed.

As for Mason, Im impressed with his shooting. But my questions remain: Can he defend at this level. Can he splash 3's when he's now circled on the scouting report.

I like Mason. He's confident. And He may very well work out. But that doesn't mean on a roster that really lacks high end talent that I want to make a living recruiting guys in bottom of the rankings.

As for Kunkel, he's playing in the big east not the American. But I still think he is a good scorer if even he hasn't shown it yet. Mason's best games were against

I want Mason to succeed because its been a long while since we've had a shooter like him. But if you break down his best games: they are against bad teams

Against Memphis and Vandy he had offensive ratings of 27 and 74.
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 05:11 PM   #445
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Why are you guys obsessed with my takes. I live rent free in peoples heads and I don't even try to.

AT THE TIME I MADE THOSE COMMENTS, VOGT AND MAW HAD REGRESSED SIGNIFICANTLY 60% into the season. I said it could change. IT DID NOT CHANGE FOR VOGT BUT IT DID CHANGE FOR MAW.

I have no idea what is so hard to understand about that? According to you, we can only make takes at the end of the season. Its not true. Im making takes about A MOMENT IN TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!

As for Mason, Im impressed with his shooting. But my questions remain: Can he defend at this level. Can he splash 3's when he's now circled on the scouting report.

I like Mason. He's confident. And He may very well work out. But that doesn't mean on a roster that really lacks high end talent that I want to make a living recruiting guys in bottom of the rankings.

As for Kunkel, he's playing in the big east not the American. But I still think he is a good scorer if even he hasn't shown it yet. Mason's best games were against

I want Mason to succeed because its been a long while since we've had a shooter like him. But if you break down his best games: they are against bad teams

If you give it, you have to be able to take it without getting butthurt. We all say dumb stuff. Just say my bad and move on.
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 05:17 PM   #446
sedziobs
Senior Moderator

sedziobs is on a distinguished road
Quote:
14 games in a 20 game regular season is not a small sample size. We’re almost at 75% of tbd regular season over.

But since your asking for some facts, I’ll give you 14 games of statistical regression for both Vogt & MAW
Quote:
So if someone called right now and said.., we will do a clean trade. 3 years of Kunkel for 5 years of mason. You’re sticking with Mason?

Ohh man. Stubborn
Nah, you weren't just talking about a moment in time. You said it wasn't a small sample size, meaning you had enough information to draw a conclusion.

Then you turned around and said those of us who didn't want to trade Kunkel for Mason based on a few games were stubborn.

Ok.
sedziobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 06:06 PM   #447
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Quote:

Good lord you still don’t get it. MAW had not regressed. He went through a bad or cold stretch of 10 or so games. He’s still almost the exact same player he was. Hello!!
Old 03-08-2021, 06:46 PM   #448
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedziobs View Post
Nah, you weren't just talking about a moment in time. You said it wasn't a small sample size, meaning you had enough information to draw a conclusion.

Then you turned around and said those of us who didn't want to trade Kunkel for Mason based on a few games were stubborn.

Ok.
Ouch!!
Old 03-08-2021, 08:28 PM   #449
TheRealMick
Elite Member

TheRealMick is on a distinguished road
Maw stinks I don’t care about fancy computer numbers. My eye test tell me he shouldn’t be playing 30+ min game ever for UC
TheRealMick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 10:24 PM   #450
sedziobs
Senior Moderator

sedziobs is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealMick View Post
Maw stinks I don’t care about fancy computer numbers. My eye test tell me he shouldn’t be playing 30+ min game ever for UC
I agree. I've even said if MAW decides to leave because his minutes are reduced, so be it. But he hasn't regressed. Overall he's better than last year.
sedziobs is offline   Reply With Quote