Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-16-2021, 12:11 PM   #141
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Yea. This ain’t a playing time issue.

This is a F*ck You Coach brannen type deal. The players are revolting against a culture that they don’t like and they don’t think is empathetic to their situation.

You can tell CJB tried to change this the last few weeks, but too little too late.
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 12:14 PM   #142
Queens_NYC
Epic Member

Queens_NYC is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyblade View Post
Yeah, I'll be curious to hear what is said when everything comes out. I've been trying to find it, but I can't now. A while back someone on the 247 forum posted about a tweet (I believe from Saunders) that was quickly delete. The deleted tweet said something like: when the smoke rises, all becomes clear.

Maybe someone else remembers the tweet and can find it. Maybe it wasn't from Saunders and I'm misremembering? It was taken as a sign of support for Brannen, because people thought Saunders was firmly in the Brannen camp. But now I wonder if it actually had the opposite meaning.

Also, Lobot, the admin on Bearcat News, who is pretty well connected just posted this over on his forum.
Wow. Equating our situation to Wichita last offseason is pretty serious.
Queens_NYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 12:27 PM   #143
skyblade
Epic Member

skyblade is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queens_NYC View Post
Wow. Equating our situation to Wichita last offseason is pretty serious.
Yeah, I wouldn't post it if it were just a random poster. But based on the info he gives on Bearcat News, Lobot is one of the best (if not the most) connected posters on any of these boards. I would argue more so than Chad.

It seems everything he is hearing is that Mikey is the tip of the iceberg. And considering how few players we have left already, we are in for a bad ride.
skyblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 12:42 PM   #144
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
If its another Gregg Marshall situation then you have to fire him now. There is no point in going on with a guy like that.

You could always tell Marshall was an ahole though, I never got that same vibe from Brannen. At least not until he walked off the court Sunday.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 12:42 PM   #145
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
Lobotv saying that isn't ideal... What's going on in IG? Apparently alot?
TheLivingLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 12:53 PM   #146
skyblade
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
If its another Gregg Marshall situation then you have to fire him now. There is no point in going on with a guy like that.

You could always tell Marshall was an ahole though, I never got that same vibe from Brannen. At least not until he walked off the court Sunday.
Yeah, the walkoff looks worse now that I've seen more on it. He didn't just go to Houston and shake hands early. He walked to the locker room immediately after the end of the game.

The rest of the team stayed on the court and shook hands with Houston after Houston finished celebrating. By then, Brannen was in the locker room, alone for a good 5-10 minutes. While his players were on the court, distraught over losing the final game of their season.

I don't get ******* vibes from Brannen. But I definitely get lack of concern for the players vibes. Brannen reeks of indifference and that may be worse than being an *******.
Old 03-16-2021, 12:59 PM   #147
skyblade
Epic Member

I found the reference to Mikey's deleted tweet. It said "once the smoke clears, everything comes to light."

This was shortly post Harvey opt out and taken as support of Brannen and that "the smoke" was a result of player issues.

But now that we know Mikey was probably planning to leave when he made that tweet. The pessimistic interpretation makes a lot more sense. That interpretation is that there are serious locker room issues with Brannen as a coach.
Old 03-16-2021, 01:14 PM   #148
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
What a mess. Honestly what’s the best case scenario now? Cut bait
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 01:18 PM   #149
cincyalum2014
Elite Member

cincyalum2014 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
What a mess. Honestly what’s the best case scenario now? Cut bait
UC cant afford to cut bait right now, his buy out is $4.5M and i think its something like $3.6M next year, so we are stuck with JB for a couple more years for better or worse
cincyalum2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 01:20 PM   #150
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyalum2014 View Post
UC cant afford to cut bait right now, his buy out is $4.5M and i think its something like $3.6M next year, so we are stuck with JB for a couple more years for better or worse

I don't think that's accurate... But unless there is just cause he ain't getting fired.
TheLivingLegend is offline   Reply With Quote