Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 03-01-2021, 02:15 PM   #11
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queens_NYC View Post
I'd probably take the push at 8 returnees, but if I'm forced to take a harder stance, I'd probably take the under at 7.

DD
Mikey
JD
Mason
MAW

all seem very likely to return from my perspective

Tari
Lahkin
Gabe

I think one of these 3 will probably end up closer to home next season.

I can't see a good reason for any of the other 5 to return.
If I had to guess right now, I would think all 8 of those guys are here next year. Gabe being the wildcard. Tari looks to be invested as of now. Talking about the future, and might be trying to help get that beachump guy next year. That could change at any point though but I would guess all of f those guys right now
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 02:24 PM   #12
cincyguy13
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
That is fair. With the amount of transfers we might even see a few de-commits from HS kids. It's not optimal but Brannen needs to be on his toes here. Figure out what has worked and what hasn't for transfers. I like his evaluation of HS talent so far. Hopefully the roster transition does not hold him back.
The fact is we have to get players this spring, so there will be commitments this spring. The worry about early commits is fair but it’s not like we will go into next year with 7-8 players. This spring is going to be wild. We’ve already been linked to some good players. We will see if we get any of them
Old 03-01-2021, 02:24 PM   #13
Loser Mentality

Loser Mentality is on a distinguished road
Would Love to see Keith comeback, and up his worth. Of course it looks like John wants him gone from his sideline gestures when Keith has the ball. Of course Keith's whiny disposition doesn't do him any favors.

If he did stay that would be a win for the program (for a year) just my opinion.

Keith has got some shi- to work on.

Just a thought
Loser Mentality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 02:30 PM   #14
sedziobs
Senior Moderator

sedziobs is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loser Mentality View Post
Would Love to see Keith comeback, and up his worth. Of course it looks like John wants him gone from his sideline gestures when Keith has the ball. Of course Keith's whiny disposition doesn't do him any favors.

If he did stay that would be a win for the program (for a year) just my opinion.

Just a thought
I agree, Keith needs another year to work on his court vision and shooting.

In the postgame Brannen talked about how ball movement is much quicker with the young guys compared to the upperclassmen, and that's how he wants his team to play. Not much of an endorsement for Keith.
sedziobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 02:41 PM   #15
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
I dont think we can really afford another year of 30.1 usage rate with a 94 ORTG out of any player.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 02:50 PM   #16
cincyguy13
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loser Mentality View Post

Just a thought
I think Keith wants to go. At some point you have to move on from school and make a living. I don’t think Keith has any desire to come back.

Keith could go overseas and make a very good living.
Old 03-01-2021, 02:59 PM   #17
cincyguy13
Epic Member

If Keith came back, improves a little, best case scenario he sneaks in as a late 2nd pick. He’d be 23. I don’t think there’s any reason for he to return.
Old 03-01-2021, 03:45 PM   #18
sedziobs
Senior Moderator

sedziobs is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
I dont think we can really afford another year of 30.1 usage rate with a 94 ORTG out of any player.
The problem is the usage, not the skills. I'd love to have Keith back in the same role he played last year. I don't think he will come back, but I don't know where he goes from here. He doesn't have any elite skills and he's a poor shooter. That's not a recipe for a pro career.
sedziobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 03:48 PM   #19
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sedziobs View Post
The problem is the usage, not the skills. I'd love to have Keith back in the same role he played last year. I don't think he will come back, but I don't know where he goes from here. He doesn't have any elite skills and he's a poor shooter. That's not a recipe for a pro career.

I agree, but how do you tell a guy to come back for a 5th year, and oh btw, we need to take the ball out of your hands too.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 03:48 PM   #20
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by sedziobs View Post

He will go overseas and make money. He ain't coming back. No clue why that would even be considered.
TheLivingLegend is offline   Reply With Quote