Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 03-18-2021, 10:12 AM   #501
justinhub2003
Epic Member

justinhub2003 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by kskenyon4 View Post
He's picking us over Elon, GW, and Old Dominion?? Yeah.... not exactly something that has me pumped.
Has interest from ASU.. but they slow played him and have not offered. Brannen called last night and he likely committed on the spot. Because he ain’t getting any better offers.

Brannen continues to disrespect this league and the kinda bigs that are effective in the high major,
justinhub2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 10:13 AM   #502
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Jon Rycek is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyblade View Post
This seems to be common among fans, they will tell you how great a guy looks and is going to be. Then when he transfers they will tell you he's basically a nobody who is going nowhere.
Nobody has said Saunders isn’t going anywhere or Eason especially. Just saying Saunders is probably not ending up at a high major.
Jon Rycek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 10:13 AM   #503
skyblade
Epic Member

skyblade is on a distinguished road
It was rumored before the transfers that our staff was backing off Spell due to concerns over his lack of athleticism. I guess when you have this many scholarships, those concerns are reduced (assuming it is Spell).

Unranked recruit, looks like he probably needs to spend a year in the weight room before he's really ready to play. Has good ball skills, limited upside. Had an offer from VT and a bunch of small schools.
skyblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 10:13 AM   #504
cincyguy13
Epic Member

cincyguy13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhub2003 View Post
Brannen is staying.

But yea Cunningham’s silence is a fuckboy move. You either come out and defend him or publicly scorn him. Saying nothing does nothing.
Agree, some one has to acknowledge the situation. Even if it’s, “we didn’t approach things correctly, we hope to change going forward”. Say something.

One thing is right. That freshmen class was close
cincyguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 10:13 AM   #505
justinhub2003
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyguy13 View Post
Everyone said the same things about mason and Saunders. They could play a little
We don’t need this gut to play a little. He and Lahkin get to matchup against whatever goons Houston rolls out and literally abuse them
Old 03-18-2021, 10:14 AM   #506
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by kskenyon4 View Post
He's picking us over Elon, GW, and Old Dominion?? Yeah.... not exactly something that has me pumped.
Over Virginia Tech and Arizona State.

If it is confirmed him I'm going to be pumped. A true stretch 4. That will open Brannen's system.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 10:17 AM   #507
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Has interest from ASU.. but they slow played him and have not offered. Brannen called last night and he likely committed on the spot. Because he ain’t getting any better offers.

Brannen continues to disrespect this league and the kinda bigs that are effective in the high major,

You need a drink.
TheLivingLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 10:18 AM   #508
justinhub2003
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
Over Virginia Tech and Arizona State.

If it is confirmed him I'm going to be pumped. A true stretch 4. That will open Brannen's system.

Vetch has backed off and ASU has so played him. He doesn’t have a commutable offer. If he did, he’d be with them.
Old 03-18-2021, 10:20 AM   #509
justinhub2003
Epic Member

I mean in the biggest transfer portal man ever created, we are taking 4 year softies, not unlike Vogt, sorolla, Rap etc

No idea why we can’t slow play him even longer. Wait to see if you can’t get better.

It’s just a PR win. That’s it.
Old 03-18-2021, 10:23 AM   #510
MDW79

MDW79 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Looks like we’re gonna get this Bryson Spell kid.

Skilled under the radar stretch 4 that will likely get abused by teams like Houston.

Beggars can’t be choosers though.

This will be a rough year defensively if we don’t add a little athleticism and toughness.
I'm starting to reach my breaking point. Pull the plug on this mid-major bs.

I looked up this dude awhile back when I saw he was linked to us. Outside of us he has offers from Elon, George Washington, Old Dominon, and Va. Tech. He's not even rated.

I know, I know, recruiting rankings don't mean everything and neither do offers, but this type of signing does absolutely nothing for me.

Two years into recruiting, with all of the PT to offer you could possibly imagine, playing in a brand new arena, and this is the type of players we can land?

We've been sittting at not a single spot filled for 2021 all year and this is who finally closes the deal on? And a stretch 4? Great. Is Brannen incapable of recruing legitimate post players?

I'm sorry, I'm not trying to be a dick. These past few days have ruined any goodwill I have for Brannen. It seems like we're going to be firmly stuck in the ECU and Tulane level of program for the forseeable future.