Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-23-2022, 10:25 AM   #61
TheRealMick
Elite Member

TheRealMick is on a distinguished road
If we're banking on the two freshman wings to play big minutes we're going to stink. Right now they all should be the 11-13 guys on bench. This how it needs go to make sense.

DDJ
Portal/G
Portal/G
Vik
Portal/BiG
JD
Newman
Hensley
Ody
MAW
Skillings
Reed
Sage
TheRealMick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2022, 10:26 AM   #62
TheRealMick
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealMick View Post
If we're banking on the two freshman wings to play big minutes we're going to stink. Right now they all should be the 11-13 guys on bench. This how it needs go to make sense.

DDJ
Portal/G
Portal/G
Vik
Portal/BiG
JD
Newman
Hensley
Ody
MAW
Skillings
Reed
Sage
We need replace the 3 transfer guys with bona fide starters!
Old 03-23-2022, 10:42 AM   #63
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealMick View Post
You not trapping to generate steals! We literally were playing 11 deep. We had better chance pressing length of court over letting teams have their way in half court. What's going changed this season? MAW and DDJ would be starting, neither freshman starting over Newman or JD. So ok we take away Saunders(#1 guy I would've had in press), what other difference we going have? We got wait until 2nd unit to press next year?
Press trap requires length. If you can pass right over DDJ or Mike in a trap it doesn't help. If you have some length and mobility it can work.

And yes you have to generate some steals (not many) in the press and trap it's not good enough just to slow the other team down to limit clock. When needing offense you have to get some points out of it. And we need offense. Even if it's only 4 more points per game that is useful.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2022, 11:12 AM   #64
TheRealMick
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
Press trap requires length. If you can pass right over DDJ or Mike in a trap it doesn't help. If you have some length and mobility it can work.

And yes you have to generate some steals (not many) in the press and trap it's not good enough just to slow the other team down to limit clock. When needing offense you have to get some points out of it. And we need offense. Even if it's only 4 more points per game that is useful.
I'll rather you pass right over me than shoot over me. I get what you're saying, I just think we could've at least started put system in place. Coming up in hoops the shorter and faster teams ALWAYS pressed.
Old 03-23-2022, 11:13 AM   #65
TheRealMick
Elite Member

@waterhead, you don't have trap in press. You can get them 4 pts easier if teams gassed 10min left in game.
Old 03-23-2022, 11:26 AM   #66
sedziobs
Senior Moderator

sedziobs is on a distinguished road
Presses can also be used to speed teams up and force poor ball handlers or hesitant decision makers into uncomfortable positions. Players of any size can create situations that cause opponents to make mistakes. Length always helps, but I will take the best players available regardless of size.
sedziobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2022, 11:59 AM   #67
TheRealMick
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedziobs View Post
Presses can also be used to speed teams up and force poor ball handlers or hesitant decision makers into uncomfortable positions. Players of any size can create situations that cause opponents to make mistakes. Length always helps, but I will take the best players available regardless of size.
Wes used his players he recruited as EXCUSES! I told all that Isiah Miller carried Wes. He needs a PG that can go 1v1 and get to rim. He didn't have bring Madsen, Saunders, or McGinnis back. Remember we told Keith it wasn't a spot and he had chance bring Isiah with him. Replace the 3 that transferred this year with Keith, Isiah, Tari and you had top 15 squad.
Old 03-23-2022, 12:00 PM   #68
TheRealMick
Elite Member

Wes is on MY HOT SEAT!
Old 03-23-2022, 03:11 PM   #69
TheRealMick
Elite Member

Eric Gaines 4* from LSU is about enter draft to test waters. Would be perfect PG run Wes system next 3yrs.
Old 03-24-2022, 05:51 AM   #70
Queens_NYC
Epic Member

Queens_NYC is on a distinguished road
Here's a handful of guys in the portal that we've already reached out to per Twitter reports:

-Kalu Ezipke 6'8 Forward (Old Dominion - 1 year remaining) 11.3 ppg, 7.1 rpg

-Trevon Brazile 6'9 Forward (Mizzou - 3 years remaining) 6.6 ppg, 5.1 rpg

-Alex Tchikou 6'11 Forward (Alabama - 3 years remaining) only played in 3 games last season - former 4* HS recruit

-Cam Hayes 6'3 Guard (NC State - 3 years remaining) 7.0 ppg, 2.3 rpg, 2.1 apg

-Brayon Freeman 6'2 Guard (George Washington - 3 years remaining) 10.3 ppg, 3.7 apg, 43.6% 3FG
Queens_NYC is offline   Reply With Quote