Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Basketball Recruiting > Recruiting Profile Archives > 2017 Recruiting Profiles

Old 08-11-2016, 07:49 PM   #1
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
'17 AL PF Alex Reese

http://www.hoopseen.com/news/player/...down-his-top-5

Cincinnati: "I have a pretty good relationship with Coach [Mick] Cronin and Coach [Larry] Davis. I don't know a lot about the school and program, but I really like those guys and I'm interested in learning more about Cincinnati."
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 07:51 PM   #2
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Also in that link he says he wants to commit early and has visits set to Alabama and Arizona State.
Old 08-11-2016, 07:52 PM   #3
GarradJ21
Epic Member

GarradJ21 is on a distinguished road
We didn't even know about this guy and now we are in his top 5. Just gotta be patient recruits will come
GarradJ21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 07:48 AM   #4
#BearcatNation
Epic Member

#BearcatNation is on a distinguished road
It kind of seems like we're last in his Top 5...the article feels like he's saying "idk I guess I'll think about Cincy". I hope we're about to get him on campus for an official and give him the full-court press. Renderings are cool, but I can't wait till we've got a beautiful new arena with stunning locker rooms to show off. You know that's a big factor with 17-year-olds.
#BearcatNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 07:53 AM   #5
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by #BearcatNation View Post
It kind of seems like we're last in his Top 5...the article feels like he's saying "idk I guess I'll think about Cincy". I hope we're about to get him on campus for an official and give him the full-court press. Renderings are cool, but I can't wait till we've got a beautiful new arena with stunning locker rooms to show off. You know that's a big factor with 17-year-olds.
So when do you expect a bump in recruiting?
Old 08-12-2016, 08:07 AM   #6
coachpipe
Banned

coachpipe is on a distinguished road
Just because we havent heard his name, doesnt mean much. He was actually offered back in April, yet his 247 page doesnt mention UC at all as being interested or having an offer
coachpipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 08:13 AM   #7
GarradJ21
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachpipe View Post
Just because we havent heard his name, doesnt mean much. He was actually offered back in April, yet his 247 page doesnt mention UC at all as being interested or having an offer
Im not saying it means much. Just normally a 4 star or better we all do a good job at finding out that we are interested and he's interested in us. It was just good to see us on a big time recruits list. It also makes you think there's probably more that we just don't know about which is good.

I feel if Collin Sexton goes to Bama so does Reese. This is me just guessing but Bama is loving this dude. Why wouldn't he stay home in the south with one of the best PGs in the class?
Old 08-12-2016, 08:13 AM   #8
#BearcatNation
Epic Member

#BearcatNation is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
Assuming we end up in the Big 12 (big assumption), I think 2018 and 2019 need to be huge, and will be. I would expect top 25 classes. It's not that black and white, as we seem to be getting transfers these days who don't factor into that, but a bump will most assured happen. Don't go expecting top 10 classes, but I think we can be the kind of program that gets 1-2 top 100s every year. I'm on the fence with 2017...temporary arena, and even if we get in the Big 12, I think it's too late, as we're already out on so many guys. But, even with all those things going our way in 2018 and 2019, we need to sustain success the next two years as well. NCAA Tournament at minimum, sweet sixteen/elite eight should be the goal.
#BearcatNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 08:45 AM   #9
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
Probably never unless either Mick goes or if someone on the staff leaves and we replace him with a recruiting ace. We could be in the NBA Western conference and play at the YUM! Center and this staff still wouldn't be able to recruit.
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2016, 09:07 AM   #10
GarradJ21
Epic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by #BearcatNation View Post
Assuming we end up in the Big 12 (big assumption), I think 2018 and 2019 need to be huge, and will be. I would expect top 25 classes. It's not that black and white, as we seem to be getting transfers these days who don't factor into that, but a bump will most assured happen. Don't go expecting top 10 classes, but I think we can be the kind of program that gets 1-2 top 100s every year. I'm on the fence with 2017...temporary arena, and even if we get in the Big 12, I think it's too late, as we're already out on so many guys. But, even with all those things going our way in 2018 and 2019, we need to sustain success the next two years as well. NCAA Tournament at minimum, sweet sixteen/elite eight should be the goal.
We cant assume Big 12 is happening unfortunately. http://www.espn.com/college-football...ools-expansion