or maybe a lot of other things went on
GarradJ21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 09:30 AM   #392
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by L-T View Post
....or maybe it really was a dig at Cronin. This forum likes to make every excuse possible that Cronin is never to blame for anything. He has been the architect of this program for a decade without much to show other than 6 straight "at large" bids to the tournament and a lot of players just like DeBerry, who never quite seem to live up to the hype we hear when they are being recruited and signed.
I like what he has done with the program so why would I need to find fault with him??? If I change my mind I'll let you know. I don't need to interpret the meaning of DeBerry's comment to know if I'm satisfied with Coaches body of work.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 11:17 AM   #393
Patrick Bateman
Epic Member

Patrick Bateman is on a distinguished road
More speculating on the board when nobody knows for sure what happened. Nobody forced DeBerry to commit to UC and Cronin. He had to have known the offense that UC runs or lack thereof prior to committing. Unless he was promised things that were not delivered ie. PT, then he has nobody to point the finger to but himself if indeed it was a dig on UC/MC.
Old 09-22-2016, 12:00 PM   #394
2bearcatdad

2bearcatdad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by L-T View Post
....or maybe it really was a dig at Cronin. This forum likes to make every excuse possible that Cronin is never to blame for anything. He has been the architect of this program for a decade without much to show other than 6 straight "at large" bids to the tournament and a lot of players just like DeBerry, who never quite seem to live up to the hype we hear when they are being recruited and signed.
This forum likes to make every excuse possible that Cronin is never to blame for anything.

You just represent the other side of the same coin. You blame Cronin for everything that you perceive as wrong and work to diminish any progress or accomplishments that the program has achieved under Cronin. You pass off the 6 consecutive NCAA appearances as if it's nothing - but only 7 other schools have a similar or longer streak.

You're certainly welcome to your opinion and I agree with you about many of your complaints, but just recognize that you're as far out of line as those you rail against when you make posts like these.

IMO. For what it's worth. Which is nothing.
2bearcatdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 12:01 PM   #395
Bearcat513
Elite Member

Bearcat513 is on a distinguished road
Jesus, I regret even posting DeBerry tweeted that.
Bearcat513 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 12:35 PM   #396
Madman81
Elite Member

Madman81 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat513 View Post
Jesus, I regret even posting DeBerry tweeted that.
agreed, but really cronin is at fault for not mentoring him better on his post-graduation social media habits...
Madman81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 01:44 PM   #397
L-T
Epic Member

L-T is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bearcatdad View Post
This forum likes to make every excuse possible that Cronin is never to blame for anything.

You just represent the other side of the same coin. You blame Cronin for everything that you perceive as wrong and work to diminish any progress or accomplishments that the program has achieved under Cronin. You pass off the 6 consecutive NCAA appearances as if it's nothing - but only 7 other schools have a similar or longer streak.

You're certainly welcome to your opinion and I agree with you about many of your complaints, but just recognize that you're as far out of line as those you rail against when you make posts like these.

IMO. For what it's worth. Which is nothing.
In an age where blue chip recruits, and other good recruits, leave for the NBA after a year or two, many programs are having to re-load annually. Even Kentucky missed out on the NCAA a few years back. Are you suggesting that Mick's program has out-performed Kentucky? Mick cannot attract blue-chip recruits, therefore, his players stay 4 years and he is able to squeak by every year and earn his way into the "Top 68" as an 8, 9, or 10 seed because he doesn't have the sudden fallout from players leaving early. That is pretty much his one singular accomplishment and in my opinion, it is a very watered down accomplishment in the current landscape of college basketball because of the players leaving early for the NBA.

So, I am not the other side of the coin. There really isn't any great progress or accomplishments to write about, or I would certainly give him credit if there was.

Last edited by L-T; 09-22-2016 at 01:48 PM.
L-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 01:52 PM   #398
UCBearcats
Banned

UCBearcats is on a distinguished road
I can't believe people all still sitting here in 2016 defending this clown who basically crapped all over his supporters heads last year with his courtship of UNLV. Mick is not your hero people, he's an average coach with a large ego who will never lead you to the promised land. Mick's no hero, he's a zero!
UCBearcats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 03:13 PM   #399
#BearcatNation
Epic Member

#BearcatNation is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCBearcats View Post
I can't believe people all still sitting here in 2016 defending this clown who basically crapped all over his supporters heads last year with his courtship of UNLV. Mick is not your hero people, he's an average coach with a large ego who will never lead you to the promised land. Mick's no hero, he's a zero!
The two bolded parts seem rather contradicting, but to each his own.

It baffles me how I see many different posters here act like they're the *only one* that's hard on Cronin. This board is not littered with a bunch of blind sheep that support Cronin 100%, and it's never been that way. Some like him a lot, some despise him, and I'd guess most are somewhere in the middle. That. Is. It. I recommend some of you quit generalizing and acting like you're the one person that has it figured out, and everyone that disagrees with you is stupid.

End rant.
#BearcatNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2016, 03:38 PM   #400
coachpipe
Banned

coachpipe is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCBearcats View Post
So you like Mick or Nah?
coachpipe is offline   Reply With Quote