Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-18-2012, 08:16 PM   #1
Cpaw

Cpaw is on a distinguished road
Palm Projecting the Field

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/bracketology

I know this came out prior to beating UCONN just now, but seriously, not even having us as one of the last four out!! I love being the underdog, let's go whoop WVU in their house!

Go Cat!

Cpaw

Fortune Favors the Bold
Cpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 08:18 PM   #2
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpaw View Post
http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/bracketology

I know this came out prior to beating UCONN just now, but seriously, not even having us as one of the last four out!! I love being the underdog, let's go whoop WVU in their house!

Go Cat!

Cpaw

Fortune Favors the Bold
No respect. If you watched the game tonight you would have thought UConn was the only team on the floor.
bearcat jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 08:21 PM   #3
babcat

babcat is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to babcat
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcat jeff View Post
No respect. If you watched the game tonight you would have thought UConn was the only team on the floor.
I agree with this completely.

There was even a point before a commercial break where UC was up 62-57 and the damn announcers said "and we'll be right back. Uconn leading by 5"

Bunch of homers........
Old 01-18-2012, 08:32 PM   #4
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
Zero reason to look at projections. Dont understand why people enjoy it so much. Its never even close
Old 01-18-2012, 08:39 PM   #5
Cpaw

Cpaw is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLivingLegend View Post
Zero reason to look at projections. Dont understand why people enjoy it so much. Its never even close
I don't live by them, I am just amazed at the bias/ignorance toward our program. He is not on the committee so I could care less, but these kids deserve some recognition.

Cpaw

Fortune Favors the Bold
Cpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 08:43 PM   #6
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpaw View Post
I don't live by them, I am just amazed at the bias/ignorance toward our program. He is not on the committee so I could care less, but these kids deserve some recognition.

Cpaw

Fortune Favors the Bold
Fair enough! Most people really like looking at them, I just prefer to wait it. If UC can get a win saturday I think some serious recognition is coming.
Old 01-19-2012, 07:29 AM   #7
Doogle

Doogle will become famous soon enough
Gottfried says some smart things, peppered with stupid things, along with the coach/analyst in the studio. It only LOOKS like UC isn't running offense, dolts. They have the green light to put shots up when they want, and much of what they do now is predicated on taking guys off the dribble so it ends up looking like one on one. But they ran plenty of sets, along with their new weave, and made UConn look silly on at least one in bounds play. Plus, UC excelled in the first half with Parker on the floor, but were more effective in the second half with JJ on the floor right after the Huskies made their initial 2nd half run. He switched defenders and took the white kid completely out of his game, and the players were extremely disciplined on defense from the 10 minute mark in. UConn is only in that game down the stretch because of freakish shooting by Napier and our best FT shooters inexplicably going cold.

What a tale of 2 seasons. The first 8 games were about as awful as Mick has ever coached, followed by the best coaching of his career for the past 7 weeks. I love a coach that is willing to admit his plan isn't working and set his ego aside for the betterment of his players and team. Things can change, but right now Mick is in the zone.
Doogle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 07:57 AM   #8
ralph1950
Epic Member

ralph1950 will become famous soon enough
What you have to keep in mind when reading Palm's, Lunardi's, etc. projections is that they are making them as if selection Sunday were today, based only on the team's records as of today. They are not considering that 14 games and conference tournaments remain to be played, they are not predicting the results of the remaining games when they make those projections. Their final projections they make on selection Sunday will look far different than the projections they made this week.
ralph1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 08:01 AM   #9
ralph1950
Epic Member

ralph1950 will become famous soon enough
There is a website, live-rpi.com, that constantly updates the RPI's as soon as every game ends. It is a free website.

UC is 88 in the RPI this morning after last night's games.
ralph1950 is offline   Reply With Quote