Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball
Home Register Community FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-02-2013, 12:42 PM   #61
ralph1950
Epic Member

ralph1950 will become famous soon enough
Pitt leads Syracuse 50-43 in the ACC game of the week.
ralph1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 12:49 PM   #62
BearcatMick
Elite Member

BearcatMick is an unknown quantity at this point
Cash has got stop with the Paul pierce dramatics Everytime he gets banged up. My heart can't take much more
BearcatMick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 01:39 PM   #63
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackBauer151 View Post
6-3 best start since we joined the Big East. I dont care about anything but the W when you you are on the road in the BEAST. Get the W, get on the plane, and get home. Providence you are on deck. 7-3 here we come.
exactly right.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 02:16 PM   #64
bearcat jeff
Hoops Moderator

bearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the roughbearcat jeff is a jewel in the rough
As always I take the W and move on. Now my rant. We can talk scheme all we want to, and I even agree with most of what is said, but these guys just totally lose focus, fail to play smart basketball, and stand around more than any team I've seen this season. They struggle when they stand around period end of story. It freakin drives me nuts!!!!! There was a posession late, one of Cash's step back 3 moments, when the announcer said, "They couldn't find Kilpatrick." I thought couldn't find him? He has stood in the same place the last 3 posessions and made no effort to get open!! Find him? The pigeons could have built a nest on him!! That's not to pick on Sean, they all do it, but I was going crazy!! They're up 20 and start throwing the ball away, shooting quick 3's instead of looking for a good shot and running clock, and not moving. Can't tell you how pissed I was. Then the game ended and we won. I thought well 6-3 in league isn't too bad. Fact is that's all that matters. If you have to win ugly to win, win ugly. Just keep winning.
bearcat jeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 02:25 PM   #65
JumpinJack5
Epic Member

JumpinJack5 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcat jeff View Post
As always I take the W and move on. Now my rant. We can talk scheme all we want to, and I even agree with most of what is said, but these guys just totally lose focus, fail to play smart basketball, and stand around more than any team I've seen this season. They struggle when they stand around period end of story. It freakin drives me nuts!!!!! There was a posession late, one of Cash's step back 3 moments, when the announcer said, "They couldn't find Kilpatrick." I thought couldn't find him? He has stood in the same place the last 3 posessions and made no effort to get open!! Find him? The pigeons could have built a nest on him!! That's not to pick on Sean, they all do it, but I was going crazy!! They're up 20 and start throwing the ball away, shooting quick 3's instead of looking for a good shot and running clock, and not moving. Can't tell you how pissed I was. Then the game ended and we won. I thought well 6-3 in league isn't too bad. Fact is that's all that matters. If you have to win ugly to win, win ugly. Just keep winning.
Typical UC fashion, playing to the level their opponent. Same thing against DePaul, can't keep the their collective feet on the pedal. But, as the saying goes, a win is a win and a loss is a loss. Would like to see Sanders play more and Gaines play less. Cash looked better, SK played great and then faded a little (he needs to attack the rim every once in a while to keep the defense on their heels), Parker was solid.
JumpinJack5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 03:12 PM   #66
UCalum08
Epic Member

UCalum08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to UCalum08
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcat jeff View Post
Drives me nuts to because its been this way for a few years now. It blows my mind with the veterans we have they still allow it to happen. Also, I'm sorry but gelawn sucked as well as Gaines. Gaines had five crucial mistakes in the start of our fall. They started the fall and shaq looked terrible. But shaq gets a pass BC he is a freshman.
UCalum08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 03:40 PM   #67
CPAW29

CPAW29 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCalum08 View Post
Drives me nuts to because its been this way for a few years now. It blows my mind with the veterans we have they still allow it to happen. Also, I'm sorry but gelawn sucked as well as Gaines. Gaines had five crucial mistakes in the start of our fall. They started the fall and shaq looked terrible. But shaq gets a pass BC he is a freshman.
gg and gaines gets a pass too then because they are young also. these guys will get better with more playing time and experience. remember it took parker awhile too so lets not be quick to be down on them
CPAW29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 04:02 PM   #68
Bcatfollower
Epic Member

Bcatfollower is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPAW29 View Post
gg and gaines gets a pass too then because they are young also. these guys will get better with more playing time and experience. remember it took parker awhile too so lets not be quick to be down on them
I think it was good that gaines got to play as much as he did. UC had the cushion to absorb his mistakes so if he actually has potential why not let him get some exp when he can. Im sure cronin didnt believe the game was in jeopardy with a 20 pt lead.
Bcatfollower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 04:14 PM   #69
ready2go
Elite Member

ready2go is on a distinguished road
We all agree a win is a win.

But winning ugly is only going to get us so far in the tourny. Lets put 2 good halves of bball together and show what we are really capable of. We have not done that yet this season. We have shown spurts, but never a consistent 40 or even 30min
ready2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 04:15 PM   #70
BearcatMick
Elite Member

BearcatMick is an unknown quantity at this point
As long as uc keeps winning I could care less how ugly it looks.

By the way, I've accurately predicted all but 4 games this year(2 of which the refs screwed us out of)
BearcatMick is offline   Reply With Quote