Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 03-20-2014, 09:46 PM   #11
bearcat18
Elite Member

bearcat18 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldog01 View Post
TC is to gun shy to play the 2. We really need a white boy sniper.
Honestly though - who wasn't gun shy besides SK? Johnson took and made some big shots late, but that's about it. I feel like people were just looking for SK too much, and would pass up a decent look only for us to throw up a prayer at the end of the shot clock.

I'm also in the boat for:

PG - Troy
SG - Graham or transfer
SF - Shaq
PF - Lawrence
C - Deberry

Guyn, KJ, Morman, Sanders, Clark, Strickland, Moore would be a solid bench.

Excited to finally have some big bodies to plant on the block.
bearcat18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 09:46 PM   #12
anbuc88
Elite Member

anbuc88 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat_NTS View Post
This is my hope....

G Troy Caupain
G Torian Graham (we need his shooting/creating ability)
F Shaq Thomas
F Jermaine Lawrence
C Coreantae DeBerry

Obviously Guyn, Johnson and Sanders will play a ton of minutes. Strickland, Morman and Clark will see some minutes too. Quadri Moore will see limited action.
This is also my hoped for starting lineup. I watched some of quadri's game tonight and he has a nice touch but needs to work on his conditioning. I would hope that he would consider redshirting if he will only get limited minutes. A senior transfer (a 5) would be optimal for the last scholly
anbuc88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 09:50 PM   #13
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcat18 View Post

Excited to finally have some big bodies to plant on the block.
This! I think it is a minor miracle that UC was dominant defensive team with a fairly skinny 6' 7.5'' guy playing most of the minutes at center.
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 09:55 PM   #14
Bulldog01
Banned

Bulldog01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Can Strickland or DeBerry run? I wanna run every chance we get next year. Should be our best shooting team since Logan era.
Bulldog01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 10:01 PM   #15
bearcat18
Elite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat_NTS View Post
This! I think it is a minor miracle that UC was dominant defensive team with a fairly skinny 6' 7.5'' guy playing most of the minutes at center.
And offensively. Jackson made huge strides in his post game but still struggled at times, understandably. He was giving up plenty of height and weight for a majority of games.

I also liked Titus, but man, it really hurt us when teams just sagged off so much on him and clogged the lane. Hopefully Lawrence really hits the gym and can confidently knock down the midrange jumper next year. That alone should make our offense better.

I'm worried about our rebounding and ability to do the "dirty work."
Old 03-20-2014, 10:04 PM   #16
bearcat18
Elite Member

Quote:
Can Strickland or DeBerry run? I wanna run every chance we get next year. Should be our best shooting team since Logan era.
Do you know something we don't? I don't see too many shooters on our roster for next year.
Old 03-20-2014, 10:11 PM   #17
Bulldog01
Banned

Bulldog01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearcat18 View Post
Do you know something we don't? I don't see too many shooters on our roster for next year.
TC, KJ, JL, SHAQ, MORMAN, CLARK, SANDERS ARE ALL PRETTY GOOD JUMP SHOOTERS.
Bulldog01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 10:36 PM   #18
CanadianBearcat

CanadianBearcat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
TC, KJ, JL, SHAQ, MORMAN, CLARK, SANDERS ARE ALL PRETTY GOOD JUMP SHOOTERS.
CAPS LOCK IS FUN!!!

But really I dont know if Lawrence hit a jumper all year, Shaqs shot is a line drive, Morman and Clark Ive never seen but my understanding is that Morman was a slasher in high school and Clark's Highlights look like hes a slasher as well.
CanadianBearcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 10:44 PM   #19
Bearcat_NTS
Epic Member

Bearcat_NTS will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianBearcat View Post
CAPS LOCK IS FUN!!!

But really I dont know if Lawrence hit a jumper all year, Shaqs shot is a line drive, Morman and Clark Ive never seen but my understanding is that Morman was a slasher in high school and Clark's Highlights look like hes a slasher as well.
Sanders has proven to be a solid three point shooter. I think Kevin Johnson will develop into a good shooter and the same for Caupain. I wouldn't throw Thomas into that conversation because he is more of a mid-range player. I am pretty sure he was arguing that Lawrence hasn't done anything this year, so not sure why he included him as a good shooter. We haven't seen Morman or Clark but neither are known as perimeter shooters.

So yes if UC could land Torian Graham, this could be the best perimeter shooting team in the Cronin era with Graham, Johnson, Caupain and Sanders as above average shooters. However it is more about the rhythm those shots come in, and how confidently they shoot it.
Bearcat_NTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 11:01 PM   #20
Robert
Elite Member

Robert is on a distinguished road
Sanders will never play the 2. Lawrence will no longer play the 5 with 3 centers on the roster next season.

Shaq Thomas is almost a shoe-in to start. The rest is up in the air. I do believe Caupain will take over the starting PG start. I believe Clark is talented enough to push Lawrence for the starting PF job, but Lawrence gets the nod due to experience. Kevin Johnson will start at the 2 if we don't get a transfer like Graham, but Torian Graham would absolutely start on next year's team. I won't make any predictions at the 5 spots because I honestly think all 3 guys have at least a snowball's chance in hell.
Robert is offline   Reply With Quote