Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 03-19-2015, 09:41 PM   #11
UCalum08
Epic Member

UCalum08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to UCalum08
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobkdoyle View Post
One of these times he is either going to hurt someone, or someone is going to swing back at him. I just don't know when it becomes too much. How far do you let him go?
Just wait til he goes to Xavier next year and he's got 30 year old punk ass Reynolds chirping in his ear. Wooooooooo, watch out now.
UCalum08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 09:41 PM   #12
mdchick
Epic Member

mdchick is on a distinguished road
Laetner stomped on a guy after a play 20 years ago and still got to play, just shows how different everything is
mdchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 09:42 PM   #13
jacobkdoyle
Epic Member

jacobkdoyle is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mcginnjw View Post
The game is a lot softer now. A couple of those ejections were pretty common technicals back when we had guys like Terry Nelson and Brad Jackson. Hell Huggs used to always have goons to come off the bench for these kind of fouls.
That's true.
jacobkdoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 09:42 PM   #14
UCalum08
Epic Member

UCalum08 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to UCalum08
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdchick View Post
Laetner stomped on a guy after a play 20 years ago and still got to play, just shows how different everything is
It's because of the pussification of America like you said! lol too funny but so true.
UCalum08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 09:43 PM   #15
FTBearcats

FTBearcats is on a distinguished road
When he is getting shut down he tends to get frustrated and lashes out. Hopefully he can keep his cool against UK, with all that size it's gonna be a tough one
FTBearcats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 09:48 PM   #16
mdchick
Epic Member

mdchick is on a distinguished road
Fun stat, we are 3-0 in games that octavius Ellis has been ejected in this year. two of those games we were trailing when he got ejected. Heck if he can get ejected in the next 5 games we might be national champions
mdchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 09:49 PM   #17
BCM
Epic Member

BCM is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by UCalum08 View Post
Let the media do what they want with it. But I will def not bash Ellis for what he did. It was a mistake and hopefully he learns from it. It doesn't make him a bad kid. I certainly don't think we need to really go into it anymore than that.
Media will forget about it in favor of some goaltendingate thing going on that I know nor care anything about. It's the conspiracy of a century
BCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 10:28 PM   #18
MTBU225

MTBU225 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdchick View Post
Fun stat, we are 3-0 in games that octavius Ellis has been ejected in this year. two of those games we were trailing when he got ejected. Heck if he can get ejected in the next 5 games we might be national champions
Haha i like your logic!! But yea it's a confusing situation. I felt this was a malicious lash out from being frustrated. Has to be hard having 7 footers pushing and leaning on you all night then you get a BS foul called when you front a guy and he rips through your arm. I can understand why he was frustrated. Just hope he can contain that in the future with the help of his teammates. If your frustrated against Purdue what will happen against UK?
MTBU225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 04:29 AM   #19
WAITE HOYT 2
Epic Member

WAITE HOYT 2 is on a distinguished road
The most important thing is that he continues to seek help for his anger. He has real problems. If you watched that game you could see it coming. He was very frustrated with his performance and lost control. This is about much more then basketball. Kicking him off the team is not the answer. In fact I think that would be the worse thing for him. He obviously was shook up when he left the court. Hope he gets this situation under control.
WAITE HOYT 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 05:53 AM   #20
CanadianBearcat

CanadianBearcat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WAITE HOYT 2 View Post
The most important thing is that he continues to seek help for his anger. He has real problems. If you watched that game you could see it coming. He was very frustrated with his performance and lost control. This is about much more then basketball. Kicking him off the team is not the answer. In fact I think that would be the worse thing for him. He obviously was shook up when he left the court. Hope he gets this situation under control.
I agree, you dont bring someone like Ellis back to bail on him whenever it gets hard. None of us like to see what we saw last night, but I want to see nothing more than for this kid to succeed. I for one will not be calling for him to be kicked off the team and am excited to see his resolve in what will be a tough next game.
CanadianBearcat is offline   Reply With Quote