Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2015, 12:25 PM   #11
KJ's#1Supporter

KJ's#1Supporter is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad Brendel View Post
I really don't care what people think, but I do care about the program. Stealing info is one thing, but being incredibly irresponsible with the stolen info and making up total crap to try to sound like an "insider" is going to draw a response every time. This has been a major issue with one poster here for a long time, yet he continues to do the same thing over and over again...
I understand you being frustrated about the situation. I just think people have an issue with how you respond to it. Those kind of responses are what we're moving away from.
Old 03-28-2015, 12:35 PM   #12
Chad Brendel
Elite Member

Chad Brendel is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJ's#1Supporter View Post
I understand you being frustrated about the situation. I just think people have an issue with how you respond to it. Those kind of responses are what we're moving away from.
I didn't respond at all initially because I knew one of my members made a mistake and didn't mark his post VIP. The issue is flat out lying and saying UC is actively recruiting a player that has signed an LOI. If that lie spreads it can damage the program, and that is a serious issue. Your site to run how you wish, but certainly you can see the major problem here either way...
Old 03-28-2015, 12:43 PM   #13
KJ's#1Supporter

KJ's#1Supporter is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I didn't respond at all initially because I knew one of my members made a mistake and didn't mark his post VIP. The issue is flat out lying and saying UC is actively recruiting a player that has signed an LOI. If that lie spreads it can damage the program, and that is a serious issue. Your site to run how you wish, but certainly you can see the major problem here either way...
Yep. Fair enough. I understand the severity of the issue.
In the future (and this is for everyone), you can "Report" a post in a situation where you feel like someone has crossed the line. This will copy the post in question, and allow you to make your comments in a thread that goes to the mods. We feel like using this will stop the pissing matches that the_one_32 was referring to. Bc we will be able to then address the issue in-house. No one feels attacked. And we feel like that solution will lead to a better chance for success in resolving the issue for the long run.
Old 03-28-2015, 12:50 PM   #14
Bulldog01
Banned

Bulldog01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
I really don't care what people think, but I do care about the program. Stealing info is one thing, but being incredibly irresponsible with the stolen info and making up total crap to try to sound like an "insider" is going to draw a response every time. This has been a major issue with one poster here for a long time, yet he continues to do the same thing over and over again...
What inside info you've had for us past 3months? What happened in locker room after troy benching?
Old 03-28-2015, 01:08 PM   #15
the_one_32
Recruiting Analyst

the_one_32 will become famous soon enoughthe_one_32 will become famous soon enough
It needed a special thread because the other site announcement covered everyone else. This needed to be said and needed to be addressed. Chad is held to the same standard as everyone else but there's a difference in starting an argument and defending yourself. And yes I agree with Chad citing insider info with naming the source at least is cutting his legs out from underneath him. I'm sure if some of you were in his shoes you would react the same way.
Old 03-28-2015, 01:09 PM   #16
JerseySean

JerseySean is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcatfollower View Post
Is it illegal?
A better question would be "is it unethical". If yes, don't do it, regardless of legality. I would hope a Bearcat would rise to the higher standard.
Old 03-28-2015, 01:49 PM   #17
Doogle

Doogle will become famous soon enough
The only thing I'd like to add to the conversation is this: you can be 100% right in what you say, and 100% wrong in the way you say it.

That said, we all know the BCJ rules and should respect them.
Old 03-28-2015, 02:15 PM   #18
Bearcatboy
Epic Member

Bearcatboy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Stop going from bearcat board to bearcat board looking for someone to say something wrong and jump all over them mind your own business on your board you don't know everything you're not the boss of anyone I'll say what I want blood is on my hands not yours!
Old 03-28-2015, 02:20 PM   #19
Bcatfollower
Epic Member

Bcatfollower is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySean View Post
A better question would be "is it unethical". If yes, don't do it, regardless of legality. I would hope a Bearcat would rise to the higher standard.
I believe it is unethical for the way Chad talks about bearcatboy when bearcatboy is bringing info that is posted freely elsewhere to this site. Then tries to frame his petty anger as being cause by potential damage to the program, like that would ever occur due to something said on bearcattalk.com. Someone who wants to succeed in promoting the program and really cares about the program would be more excited about large amounts of people wanting to know about the program, recruiting, etc... and less angry about potential profit loss from info dissemination.
Old 03-28-2015, 03:06 PM   #20
mdchick
Epic Member

mdchick is on a distinguished road
The fact is chad has a lot of information that none of us do and he can control what he wants us too know and pissing him off is most likely not going to make it easy to get good information. If you don't like something he posts just ignore it, don't ruin it for the rest of us.
Closed Thread