Tulane by any margin 0 0%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-02-2019, 08:36 PM   #31
cincycpaw
Epic Member

cincycpaw will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
probably cause the 3 starting guards have scored 48 points.
Yeah I’m another 30 point win I just figured he’d get more minutes. Was wondering if something happened in practice.
cincycpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 07:35 AM   #32
GarradJ21
Epic Member

GarradJ21 is on a distinguished road
Just giving the year and our roster, Logan's minutes are pretty much shot, but that's ok because he knows he will be playing a bunch these next 3 years. This is his learning year. Giving how the game was going I'm sure Cronin just planned on playing him the last 10-12 minutes of the second half, unfortunately Logan didn't look too good so he had to sub him out at times.

Guards played awesome last night. Really wish Cane would have made his one 3 pt attempt. I might be thinking about his 3 point shooting more than him. But he played great.

Keith ended up getting his average in points which was nice but since he didn't start and his playing time was down due to Cane, Jenifer and Cumberland playing so well I felt like he got in and tried to force so much. He seemed like he wanted to make up for all the minutes he missed. When he settled and let the game come to him late in the second half he looked so much better.

Get through Saturday and continue to build because next Thursday is going to get a little tougher. IMO we don't have to seriously worry about another loss until we play @ Temple on the 27th of this month.
GarradJ21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 09:43 AM   #33
indydoug

indydoug is on a distinguished road
@ Tulsa won't be easy. They always play UC tough at home.
indydoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 10:38 AM   #34
cincycpaw
Epic Member

cincycpaw will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarradJ21 View Post
Just giving the year and our roster, Logan's minutes are pretty much shot, but that's ok because he knows he will be playing a bunch these next 3 years. This is his learning year. Giving how the game was going I'm sure Cronin just planned on playing him the last 10-12 minutes of the second half, unfortunately Logan didn't look too good so he had to sub him out at times.

Guards played awesome last night. Really wish Cane would have made his one 3 pt attempt. I might be thinking about his 3 point shooting more than him. But he played great.

Keith ended up getting his average in points which was nice but since he didn't start and his playing time was down due to Cane, Jenifer and Cumberland playing so well I felt like he got in and tried to force so much. He seemed like he wanted to make up for all the minutes he missed. When he settled and let the game come to him late in the second half he looked so much better.

Get through Saturday and continue to build because next Thursday is going to get a little tougher. IMO we don't have to seriously worry about another loss until we play @ Temple on the 27th of this month.
I agree about Williams. He settled down because Cumberland facilitated for him. Was really great leadership shown by Cumberland.
cincycpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 11:11 AM   #35
TheRealUC
Elite Member

TheRealUC is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincycpaw View Post
So scared to turn the ball over he passes to Cumberland to make the lob pass

But seriously, this kid is doing everything right. I’m still concerned about him against better competition due to his size, but his shooting is sooo improved he is having a great season.
yea, he's always had the tendency to look rather different against better comp. But as long as he takes care of the ball and hits open jumpers, i'll take it. His confidence has to be sky high right now though, so i expect to see him stay aggressive. Fingers crossed.
TheRealUC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 12:40 PM   #36
Patrick Bateman
Epic Member

Patrick Bateman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarradJ21 View Post

I know that Logan knows he will be getting lions share of time the next 3 years and he is mature etc.. but I hope that he is happy with his PT and at UC. If he decides to transfer no true PG next year or in pipeline.
Old 01-03-2019, 01:04 PM   #37
skylinecat

skylinecat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
I know that Logan knows he will be getting lions share of time the next 3 years and he is mature etc.. but I hope that he is happy with his PT and at UC. If he decides to transfer no true PG next year or in pipeline.
I can't imagine transferring and not playing for an additional entire year when the only people in front of you getting your minutes are both seniors. That would be a very strange path to take.
skylinecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 01:21 PM   #38
GarradJ21
Epic Member

GarradJ21 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by skylinecat View Post
I can't imagine transferring and not playing for an additional entire year when the only people in front of you getting your minutes are both seniors. That would be a very strange path to take.
Yeah, he's not going to transfer. He knows it happens and he seems dedicated. I don't think he committed here expecting to be playing a ton when there's two senior pgs already on the roster. He has living proof right in front of him that if he waits his turn good things will happen: Jenifer, Keith, Scott, Brooks and past Bearcats.
GarradJ21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 02:15 PM   #39
Jon Rycek
Epic Member

Jon Rycek is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
Lmao you are blowing up your argument with your own statements. Hope he’s happy with his playing time because next year there will be no one to play his position.. if he was unhappy about his PT this year, why would he give up the opportunity for 30-35 minutes next year. He knew what he was coming into, he’s not going anywhere
Jon Rycek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2019, 03:45 PM   #40
david aka the TYZ
Epic Member

david aka the TYZ will become famous soon enough
Anybody who wants to transfer because he's mad at his playing time as a freshman isnt the type of player I want on my team. With that said, I think this is a non-issue. For whatever reason this site loves to bellyache about unproven players sitting on the bench and then want those same players benched two years later when a new freshman comes in. This team is playing very good right now and the starters + 2 or 3 are the ones who will carry us. We complain about long layoffs and how will it affect us and in the same breathe want our starters rested. This team has to gel together. Getting a freshman an extra few minutes a game isn't going to change anything into his development for next year's team, especially against a garbage team.
david aka the TYZ is offline   Reply With Quote