Go Back   BearcatTalk.com > Cincinnati Basketball > Bearcat Basketball

Old 10-30-2019, 11:08 AM   #11
waterhead
Senior Moderator

waterhead is on a distinguished road
It's interesting in the latest presser that McNeal was the face of the bearcat players. I would have thought Scott would be there most of the time this year with a sub now and then. Jarron and Keith don't like to talk. Maybe Scott had something to do and McNeal filled in but the initial signs are leading towards McNeal starting. He's been heralded as a workaholic and a vocal leader and being impressive in practices so far. He's a smart dude and I like that with our PG.

Personally I am glad to hear it. If either Keith or Jaevin are pushed out of the starting lineup we have to be in pretty good shape. I would rather not see us HAVE to play a 2nd big and put either of these other two guys in the starting lineup but I don't expect that against OSU. After that maybe.
waterhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 11:19 AM   #12
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post
It's interesting in the latest presser that McNeal was the face of the bearcat players. I would have thought Scott would be there most of the time this year with a sub now and then. Jarron and Keith don't like to talk. Maybe Scott had something to do and McNeal filled in but the initial signs are leading towards McNeal starting. He's been heralded as a workaholic and a vocal leader and being impressive in practices so far. He's a smart dude and I like that with our PG.

Personally I am glad to hear it. If either Keith or Jaevin are pushed out of the starting lineup we have to be in pretty good shape. I would rather not see us HAVE to play a 2nd big and put either of these other two guys in the starting lineup but I don't expect that against OSU. After that maybe.

if either are pushed out i think its more likely to be keith. he struggled the 2nd half of last year and seems a strange fit for a system that wants high ball skill guards that can shoot.

i think one reason KW struggles vs the better competition is he just doesn't have the handles.
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 07:09 PM   #13
mdchick
Epic Member

mdchick is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterhead View Post

McNeal is probably the best interviewer on the podium since Kyle Washington and Kevin johnson, he handles it extremely well.
mdchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 08:34 AM   #14
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
if either are pushed out i think its more likely to be keith. he struggled the 2nd half of last year and seems a strange fit for a system that wants high ball skill guards that can shoot.

i think one reason KW struggles vs the better competition is he just doesn't have the handles.
This would be a very tough call. I don't think Jaevin has great handles either but he can shoot and that's a big plus. Keith seems to fit the press and break style better and will probably get in the lane a little more than JC2.

It may just come down to who has a better handle on the new system and from what Nelson was saying it's Cumberland so far. So you may be right in the end about Williams
Old 10-31-2019, 08:42 AM   #15
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdchick View Post
McNeal is probably the best interviewer on the podium since Kyle Washington and Kevin johnson, he handles it extremely well.
Kyle was the man in pressers. He reminds me a lot of Terry Nelson actually. He could have a career in broadcasting someday. Has a lot of quips and one liners and nicknames etc and smart as a whip.
Old 10-31-2019, 10:27 AM   #16
TheLivingLegend
Epic Member

TheLivingLegend will become famous soon enoughTheLivingLegend will become famous soon enough
Is there a frew stream anywhere? Not sure ima make it down tonight
TheLivingLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 11:19 AM   #17
cincrulz11
Epic Member

cincrulz11 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLivingLegend View Post
Is there a frew stream anywhere? Not sure ima make it down tonight

i think i read gobearcats but im not 100%
cincrulz11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 11:37 AM   #18
waterhead
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincrulz11 View Post
i think i read gobearcats but im not 100%
Correct
Old 10-31-2019, 12:05 PM   #19
TheRealMick
Elite Member

TheRealMick is on a distinguished road
Ive heard from former bearcats Mcneal has been probably been most impressive in practices. I think he's go surprise alot of fans this year and lead us far in tourny. He has the will to succeed we haven't had seen since logan from a PG.
TheRealMick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2019, 12:39 PM   #20
cincyalum2014
Elite Member

cincyalum2014 is on a distinguished road
KJ is on commentary tonight doing the play by play with Dan Hoard... Good for Kev I hope he is able to do a couple games this season.
cincyalum2014 is offline   Reply With Quote